Can the Watchtower Society survive without time reports?

by DT 37 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Losing the Almighty God of Money would be the ONLY thing IMO, which would make them give up any control.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

They still tend to have guilt to drive people even if the time reports would go away, uberpioneer or an elder could occasionally query the folks in the hall and ask about service.....just keep driving home how close we are to the end and how your chance to live in paradise depends on your honesty and your field service.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

was there an actual letter read at the meeting, or is this in referance to the statement made in court?

• moshe
    moshe

Eliminating time reports is probably on the horizon, thanks to the legal dept- they just have to figure out how to do it.

I know, they will just provide the brothers with a weblink that allows them to anonymously report (or ignore) their time and placements- the society can then report any numbers they want in the yearbook. That gets the WT Org off the hook, the elders out of the loop and the brothers can lie much better, knowing that no local elder sees their report- all those marginal 3 hour publishers will all start reporting 10 hours a month- since the first box to check says 1-10 hours, everyone is feeling much better now!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Damn, Moshe! don't give them any ideas!

• moshe
    moshe

Moshe does come up with a good epiphany every so often.

It's too bad I can't patent that "easy field service button" for the J-dubs.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Moshe, I think you might be on to something with that easy reporting on the web.

They've probably had that idea on the back burner for a while. Just as they were clearly developing the ideas of the new poliished revolutionary (not) website while they were busy at all last summer's conventions telling the sheep how evil the web is and how they mustn't go there.

• Ding
    Ding

Why does the WTS keep time records on field service?

One word: CONTROL.

Take away that external motivator and a lot of JWs wouldn't go out in service at all.

Of course, Brother Elder could still take people aside and say, "I haven't see you out in service lately, Dub. How about coming with me Saturday morning?"

Still, without all those reports it would be MUCH harder to identify slackers.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is going to to take a miracle. Remove the paper trail but maintain control. I gotta see how this plays out

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe a new and kinder KH wants JWs to come to the Sunday meeting and not worry about being hounded by the elders over field service- and then open their wallet and donate for the worldwide work- whatever that is now. Thanks to the new JW website they pass out householder leads on Sat morning at the KH for those who want to mingle- make a call and have coffee and donuts afterwards at Hortons-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit