One Lord - One Savior : Get Used To It

by Perry 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Alright. Then I can lump Jesus in with rape approving and genocide encouraging. It makes more sense to know that Jesus is the same as Jehovah when I look at the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent children who died in disasters such as the Indonesian tsunami. He approves the killing of those who don't know him regardless of the reason- being born in non-Christian society

Clarity is a beautiful thing!

• designs
    designs

Jesus favored Bears over children.....

• tec
    tec

Scripture is clear about them being the same essence, and not just one in purpose, attitude (spirit) etc.

If scripture was clear on this, there would be no debate.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou" - the Lord of me and the God of me - John 20:28. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed.
    What had Thomas believed? Was he blaspheming? Obviously not, Jesus didn't rebuke him, but implied he was blessed for believing, and others would be more blessed if they believed even though they had not seen.
    Thomas believed that Christ had been resurrected... which is what the entire scene was about; this is what he had doubted. That is the context.

The rest, I used to wonder about. Until one day, I said the same myself. "My God".... I said it to Christ... but my I was seeing God through Christ. I was not referring to Christ, Himself. It came out so naturally, and I immediately remembered Thomas' "My Lord and my God."

The same applies when Jesus told a man to go and tell everyone what God had done for him (after Christ had healed him). He was giving credit to His Father, working through Him. He was not telling the man to go tell everyone what HE had done for him, but what His Father had done for him.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.... and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10,11 compared with Isaiah 45:22,23:-
    Look unto me and be ye saved all the ends of the earth, for I am God and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow and every tongue shall swear.

All titles and authority granted to the Son.

Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, God. Matthew 19:17 (Meaning, if I am not God then I am not good either, but if I am good, then I am God also. It isn't appropriate to call me merely "good master": men are not good, including you yourself.) Compare this with John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd."!!!

It sounds as though he is also not calling himself good in this instance; rather than calling himself God... otherwise where was the outrage? Calling himself the good shepherd later doesnt' mean what you imply here, he has also referred to people being willing to die for 'good' men; but not for righteous ones. He isn't calling 'good' men, God, though.

Peace,

tammy

• designs
    designs

tec-

You're dealing with God's self-Anointed here, remove your slippers and tread lightly

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Perry,

If Jesus isn't God then, according to his own words he has loved us MORE than God has: "Greater love has noone than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." But if Jesus isn't God then Jesus has loved us more than God has loved us. It would be impossible to think that anyone has loved us more than God, so Jesus must be God.

Onthewayout,

Where does God approve of rape?? I can't see it. Those innocent children who die in a Tsunami, they go straight to heaven, because they have never deliberately sinned, and are included in the redeeming work of Christ. To be fully clear on this read "Infant salvation" at www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0411.htm.

Where God has approved of genocide such as in the Old Testament, it was after 400 years of putting up with a nation which would slowly burn their own children to death over a slow fire in sacrifice to their God Molech. What sort of response would you like from a holy God for this?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It would be impossible to think that anyone has loved us more than God, so Jesus must be God.

Uhm, are we talking about the same guy?

What sort of response would you like from a holy God for this?

Exactly the response he gave! Kill ALL the children--babies---pregnant women too! Can't leave behind any possible sacrifices you know.

Where does God approve of rape??

The law allowed a man to rape a virgin and then buy her from her father and marry her. So one could say that god approved of her being raped every day for the rest of her life! Easy Peasy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Seven words in the thread title that distill a lot of other words used to explain what people mean by "God" "Saviour" and even "one".

I will try to use as few words to give another view : Jesus is exactly half of the story: go get the rest.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

See, I really like this thread. When we bring up the OT god, most of the christians on this board dismiss all of that and say focus on Jesus. IN THIS THREAD, they not only own the OT god, they insist he IS Jesus.

So yeah---I'm with Phizzy. Go get the first half of the story.

NC

• tec
    tec

Actually, NC, I think the same christians are doing the same thing they always have.

Just sayin'.

Peace,

tammy

• vanyell
    vanyell

Funny how we judge OT times with our modern conception of ethics and beliefs. It's like comparing apples to oranges, not the same thing. We pride ourselves be "civilized", but underneath the veneer of sophistry and semantics, we are no different from the people in ancient times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit