US Politics - please read

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think the problem is with those YouTube videos about 9/11 being an inside job. It is the attempts to infiltrate this forum with lamestream sources--usually involving people that copy such sources and paste them on this forum, and then attack anyone that tries to rationally discuss them. Usually they will also post rubbish that has nothing to do with anything (such as [candidate] is an alien). Can they come up with credible evidence that Romney is an alien? Does it really matter?

Yes, it is necessary to invoke these rules to prevent a few moles from the Establishment from ruining it for everyone else. People need the whole spectrum of ideas, and if anyone really wants the lamestream viewpoint, all they have to do is buy a USA Today paper, go to a web site of one or more of the papers or AOL's home page (don't read the comments, though), or turn on the TV news. CNN is fine for those people. Just don't infringe on our right to post alternative viewpoints and rationally discuss them by attacking them every time they appear--or try spamming the same stock arguments found on CNN and USA Today to drown out diversity. I believe you are fine posting things like YouTube videos that 9/11 was an inside job, unless you specifically hear otherwise, in appropriate topics.

• cedars
    cedars

Sound judgement!

Thank you Simon.

Cedars

• zeb
    zeb

the worst thing about politics is a politician always gets elected.

• Simon
    Simon

BTT / reminder

• undercover
    undercover

LOL... Simon for president

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

If only there was a way to ommit the political section off the active topics.

• minimus
    minimus

just saw this......

• Simon
    Simon

I moved it into politics

• minimus
    minimus

OK....sorry.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Keep your trash out of sight, Min.