US Politics - please read

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• moshe
    moshe

Honest debates? We have a rigged system here in the USA on presidential debates- the private corporation that runs those final televised debates in the fall excludes anyone they don't want who is outside the main two parties. In 2000 the Green party candidate Ralph nader was excluded from the debates, because his following was too small to make a difference. Then when Al Gore lost the election to Bush, they said, that Ralph Nader's votes were the reason Al Gore lost to Bush- so HE DID make a difference after all. Duh?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Original opinions, fine--ad hominim attacks and simply cutting and pasting rubbish from mainstream sources, not. If I want cut and paste, I can turn on the news on TV or pick up the USA Today papers and read it there. And the attacks on people, I believe it already violates guidelines because it usually involves either spamming, insulting someone for their beliefs, or hate speech (or inciting hatred based on political beliefs).

My belief: If more people don't quit quoting things right off the mainstream media (here, and everywhere else), and start coming up with their own original beliefs, those who are trying to enslave the world are going to in fact succeed. And this is as true whether the birth certificate is real or not, whether Mitt Romnet comes from Massachusetts or not, and all those other distraction issues.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

• You can discuss politics as long as you are discussing things.
    • If you just post copy-and-paste propaganda it will be deleted.

Yay! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

- Lime

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    You can discuss politics as long as you are discussing things.
    If you just post copy-and-paste propaganda it will be deleted.

That's so unfair. What would Duderino have to talk about?

• Giordano
    Giordano

I support these rules.

Polictical discussion should be an important part of this forum. We are no longer witnesses we now live in the world....the real world. However some are still witnesses in mind and spirit. Your opinions do matter and your vote counts.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Duderino and a few others were not here to debate they were here to make a mockery of debate.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    If it's the inane "Obama can't prove he was born" or "Romney is an alien" crap then it will be deleted.

What about articles or youtube vids that prove 9/11 was an inside job? Please tell me those are still allowed.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

*Chuckles at Simon*

These threads were becoming a little overbearing.

• moshe
    moshe
    and start coming up with their own original beliefs

Hahaha, do you realize how many people have lived their entire life without having had ONE original idea? --Epiphanies don't come easy for most people.

I see no problem with posting a couple paragraphs- see Simon's TOS #4

It is allowed to post a small snippet from 3rd party sources (for the time challenged ones)- then provide a clickable link for those who are are good readers and want to peruse the entire article-

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...I don't live in the US...I never look at them anyway...

Can we yell at each other about NZ polictics......I think our Prme minister might be an alien.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit