US Politics - please read

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There are plenty of other forums on the Internet to discuss US politics. If I were a new lurker here, I would have found the political rantings of some of these threads and posters to be enough to scare me right back to the Kingdumb Haul.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

While I think its healthy for former JWs to discuss politics, I don't think that abusive opinions or abusive posters should be tolerated.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Romney is rumoured to be an alien? I never heard that before, so I Googled it. For those of you who don't know and are curious, word is he's an alien to the planet, not the US. That's why I love JWN...you learn something new everyday! For the record, I'm a Democrat and will be voting for Obama but not because I think Romney is an extraterestrial, LOL!
    :

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Everyone should already know by life experience that no matter who gets elected from whatever party they are associated with......that we the public always get screwed. So why argue one candidate over the other? You are just another grain of sand in their grand scheme to promote their agenda.

Thanks Simon,

HappyDad

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Good call this will keep it more focused to why we all came here in the first place.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Good Call!!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

That's why we love you, Simon. Another measured and appropriate decision by the webmaster. Thank you.

JV

• talesin
  • Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Sounds good!

Except I DO think the "obama can't prove he was born here" or the romney-alien threads and others should be allowed. It just seems like a little TOO much moderating to delete them. But then again, I am not on here enough to be annoyed like them, lol. So I understand. It's usually spam.

• moshe
    moshe
    No one wants to discuss or debate

-I think what often happens is one side uses ad hominem attacks to shut down any debate- once you have given someone an unsavory name, like, you are a right wing nutjob or you are a left wing nutjob, then their opinion automatically becomes worthless. Seems to me that members on an ex-JW forum who know how effective names like apostate, evil slave,etc, are in killing open examination of the facts about the WT Org, would refrain from using the same tactics on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit