Explain in a FEW word's why the 607 date is incorrect.

by XPeterX 102 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
  • agonus
    agonus

Because there isn't a pro-607 WT article in existence that doesn't resort to academic and scholastic dishonesty in order to promote said date as reliable.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

607 (1914) as well as 1975 are factual examples of just how much a religious organization can be so benevolently corrupt

and still convince people that they are being fed honestly endeavored information.

The catalyst that makes all of this work, has to be the basic belief in the bible itself, that too is another element of exploitation for the WTS.

At the same time convince people to uphold whatever information they've been given with steadfast arrogance.

It must be the certifiable stamp of approval by god that the WTS. uses and puts all over the literature to create

this phenomena.

You must admit though its carefully well packaged, even if it is deceivingly corrupt.

• mind blown
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

ann Omaly's point is good and quick.

70 years of servitude did take place, but only 50 years of desolation occured. Russel mixed these up.

just stating this plainly might not flip out a JW too badly because it actually acknowledges 70 years and they won't know enough about the subject to fire a quick retort back at you. they will feel stupid for not knowing how to respond, which is normal since they are stupid... especially when it comes to anything deeper than fluffy bunny's and rainbows

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The Nabon No24 stele or Adda Guppi inscription: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchin/Adda_Guppi_Harran.htm

Queen mother who knows the length of the reigns...

• garyneal
    garyneal

I can go to any encyclopedia and prove that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th. This is the line often used by Jehovah's Witnesses to point out that Christmas is NOT a Christian holiday. Yet, those same encyclopedias cannot be trusted when it comes to the date of Jerusalem's desolation because they all disagree with the Watchtower's date of 607 B.C.E..

Think of it this way. Christian who learns that Christ was not born on 12-25 goes and tells his preacher this new found information. Adament preacher insists that it is in spite of all contrary evidence (those encyclopedias). Witness who learns that 607 is not the date of Jerusalem's desolation and goes and tells the congregation elders this new found information. Adament elders insist that it is in spite of all contrary evidence (those same encyclopedias).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Put "kiss" into the search box on here, it will take you to Alleymom's excellent and simple proof, using W.T lit.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

At one time, I was focused on the 607 issue because that was my "red pill." So I picked up The Gentile Times Revised and started crunching numbers and issues with JW chronology. Since then, I've purged my brain of all that crap and now I don't think the WTBTS arguments deserves the dignity of being debated. (Notice no mainstream scholars grant it the slightest weight.)

In order to corroborate ANYTHING in the Bible, the WT forefathers first had to rely on the expertise of secularly educated minds... in many cases, the consensus of archaeologists, historians, and other scholars.

Without these, they'd have no anchor from which to derive their ridiculous dates and calculations. None whatsoever. Forget about even the parts of the Bible that ARE historically accurate.

So when the WTBTS turns around and rejects the expertise of these same groups (and specifically, the consensus), they are sawing off the very branch on which they sit.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Was there ever a strenuously endeavor to be theological accurate with the WTS. in its history ? NO

What was more important was to create professed doctrines that could be appropriately commercialized for literature distribution

and sales. One could correctly describe it as I commercialized religious fraud by a publishing house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit