Explain in a FEW word's why the 607 date is incorrect.

by XPeterX 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, is that true! wow, that is amazing.... 30yrs.. Jer 25:12.. but verse 11 has maybe a hundred or more references? i mean verse 12 is THE answer to what 70yrs means without any GUESSING for what a desolation may mean.

Yep! Though they occasionally cite the verse, the last time they quoted Jeremiah 25:12 in full was in 1979 (The Watchtower, 15 September). Even then, it was in a block quote of verses 8-14 rather than a specific exposition of verse 12. Before that, they hadn't quoted it since 1964.

BTW thanks for your blog on this subject.

You're welcome. If you notice any errors on any of the pages there, please let me know.

• BroMac
    BroMac

further to what Londo111 about 539-609 as being the 70yrs.

something that has recently occured to me regarding the World Powers that ruled over God's people:

Egypt - Assyria - Babylon - Medo Persia - Greece - Rome - Anglo America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carchemish

Carchemish was the defining battle when the Babylonians became the World power after defeating the Assyrians for the final time at Harran in 609BCE

this gave Babylon 70yrs of dominating the surrounding lands, all of which are mentioned by Jeremiah as the cup which all the nations should drink from. or to allow themselves to come under the yoke of Babylon. How do we know it was 70yrs of being the World Power? Because the Medo Persian empire took Babylon in 539BCE!!!!! It's not hard is it.

now that is how I have it simply in my mind, in a FEW words and have explained it to my wife.

have i got it right?

Jeffro, far be it for me to correct you on this subject, i'm like Jonny 5 - More Inpuuut!!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Carchemish was the defining battle when the Babylonians became the World power after defeating the Assyrians for the final time at Harran in 609BCE
    this gave Babylon 70yrs of dominating the surrounding lands, all of which are mentioned by Jeremiah as the cup which all the nations should drink from. or to allow themselves to come under the yoke of Babylon. How do we know it was 70yrs of being the World Power? Because the Medo Persian empire took Babylon in 539BCE!!!!! It's not hard is it.
    now that is how I have it simply in my mind, in a FEW words and have explained it to my wife.
    have i got it right?

Mostly.

Carchemish was indeed a significant battle, and that was in 605BCE. It primarily involved Babylon and Egypt, along with what remained of the Assyrian army.

However, 605BCE doesn't mark the beginning of Babylon as the dominant empire, because Assyria no longer existed as an empire prior to that, and Babylon was already dominant.

609BCE marked the beginning of the 70 years of Babylon's dominance. Following the overthrow of Assyria's capital city, Nineveh, in 612BCE, Assyria's capital was moved to Harran, which was destroyed by the Babylonians in 609BCE. It was then that Assyria ceased to exist as an empire.

• BroMac
    BroMac

ok i got it.

i confused myself.

so babylon became the dominant nation under nabopolasar with the invading of ninevah in 612bce then onto harran 609bce which was the biggie as far a supremacy and the 70yrs of domination. all srarted with nabo nebs dad.

then in 605 neb

was in charge of the army but not yet king and he was succesful at carchemish and conquered the hatti land. he returned to babylon to beade king as

• BroMac
    BroMac

*posting from phone.

so he returned to babylon to be made king as his dad, nabo had died. he was crowned 605, with his first full year being 604.

• BroMac
    BroMac

no way could king neb in his 18th yr as king destroy jerusalem in 607. he want even king until 604/605

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ta da!! ..... Feels good doesn't it to work out that 607 according to the WTS is bullshit.

The sheer mountain of inescapable evidence to support 586/587 as the destruction of Jerusalem is overwhelming.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I'm still not clear. So far, what I gather from the thread is this:

WT says 607 is Jerusalem's destruction, which is crucial for their 2520 days/years which leads up to 1914.

The 70 years of desolation is actually 70 years of captivity, with the desolation lasting only 50 years.

537+50=587.

587 being the destruction date crushes the 1914 concept, which the WT has been dishonest about in their publications.

What verse says or alludes to the desolation being only 50 years?

Also, in a lot of the calculations done in this thread, the years are off by 1 or 2 years, sometimes even 4 years, even in the WT calculations. How are we accounting for these discrepancies?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Also, in a lot of the calculations done in this thread, the years are off by 1 or 2 years, sometimes even 4 years, even in the WT calculations. How are we accounting for these discrepancies?

See 607 for dummies.

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

very useful thread. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit