Examples of Fredrick Franz Horrible personality.

by Witness 007 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2
    You may be missing my point, Steve2. Which was: Franz had the hubris to openly display slightly questionable conduct in light of the recent gay scandals which swept through Bethel and were quickly covered up.

Perhaps it is suggestive of sexuality. Equally, here was a man well-known for lack of interpersonal awareness; nowadays we might refer to some of his behavior as "asperger-like" - so completely wrapped up in his own private world of Biblical interpretation that "nurturing" human relationships never featured in his repertoire. Yet within this remote "personality" was an oddly open power display involving a spa and hand-picked "boys".

As I said, this kind of behavior within a repressed sanctum is excellent soil for speculation. I'm still not convinced the car was ever parked in the garage though.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I'm still not convinced the car was ever parked in the garage though.

Old, weird looking, lifelong bachelor having regular rendezvous with young, handsome, single "spa boys"? The car may not have been parked in the garage, but it was definately parked in the driveway just outside the door.

Think About It

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm laughing at how this thread focused on Franz' sexuality or lack thereof. If my deceased aunt knew that this thread even existed, it would put her in her grave. The horror--mentioning a human's sexuality. Not Brother Franz.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what about Nathan "Homo" Knorr?

• steve2
    steve2

Oh that sexuality was the most relevant aspect of this highly unlikable man's impact on numberless people's lives (and deaths).

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Knorr was big on masturbation. In his "new boy" musings, he'd say something to the effect of "you only touch it to pee!" With Franz, it's worth mentioning that at the time of his death, he was suffering from severe dementia. Perhaps in early symptoms of this condition, he said things out loud that he probably shouldn't have said. By the mid 80s he was more or less in forced retirement, and in the last years of his life he didn't even live at Bethel. Franz was a lot of things, but gay doesn't seem to be one of them.

• freetosee
    freetosee

The first time I heard about Franz being gay was on a jwn thread about bethel experiences. If I remember correctly, Randys former (press room) overseer Tim (or Tom) Cabbien(?) mentioned that it was an open secret.

I can't find the thread right now.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wonder if Mad Fred/Knorr/Chitty and Greenleas lived out their homosexual fantasies together in a" menage a quatre" style, maybe gathering in Knorr's apartment , elephant walks perhaps.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

jookbeard seems to have a fascination with homosexuality...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Where did Fred Franz live during his final years and who looked after him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit