Examples of Fredrick Franz Horrible personality.

by Witness 007 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alfred
    Alfred

I like his red plaid shirt and red tie... he probably wore it during several memorials to symbolize the blood of Christ...

They should take that picture of whacky Freddy and put in in the How-To-Dress-For-Bethel-Tour brochure.

• cedars
    cedars

Cantleave:

Cedars how can amke such a Judgemental statement? That shirt is bloody awesome. And apparently he spoke to his shoes, how cool is that?

You make a good point. I guess on reflection his dress style was "pragmatic" and tre retro-lumberjack chic. He was ready to leap from bible scholar to chainsaw-wielding woodsman at a moment's notice. He also never needed to worry about losing his pens, because he always had at least 3 handy in his pocket at any time.

I'm sorry Fred, I had you all wrong. You were a fashion god...

Cedars

• freetosee
    freetosee

Franz felt no shame lying to the rank and file.

He invented the GB, but fought it when its members wanted to start governing his organisation.

He didn't admit that he made an ass of himself after 1975.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH39xJL4puQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqrb4e37KDc&feature=related

On another thread:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/222809/1/Fredrick-Franz-had-a-horrible-personality

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for those videos freetosee - I particularly liked the first one, and I'm bookmarking this thread as a result.

One thing that strikes me is how idiosynchratic and staggered Franz's speaking style was. His eccentricity really comes across in his delivery, and I can only imagine how tedious GB meetings would have been with his participation. Can you imagine listening to him mumble like that for hours on end to explain or debate sensitive doctrinal matters? Ugh.

Cedars

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, you have to be pretty fanatical about the Watchtower to give up a Rhodes Scholarship in order to run it.

The more research I do on this guy, the more it looks like he had a lot more say in the direction the cult headed during the Joe Boozer days than most people think. Which would mean that he was knowingly working for the Babylonian Brotherhood and serving their agenda. Maybe he even had a hand in Chuckie's Halloween Ritual death along with the Boozer.......

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Fred Franz always struck me as a man in an ivory tower who knew little about what was going on around him. In person he was pleasant, even decent in a way. Knorr was the one you didn't want to end up in an elevator with, not Franz. Who really bothered me was Karl Klein. That man had serious issues of envy and jealousy. He loved nothing more than to take credit for something that was going on at Bethel. Franz was talkative and jovial at our dinner table. Klein made the entire evening tense and people were afraid to say anything.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars: He was ready to leap from bible scholar to chainsaw-wielding woodsman at a moment's notice.

Hahahahaha, you made me laugh. I'm having a REAL hard time imagining ol' Freddie ever even saw a chain saw in person let alone knew how to handle one!

I'm thinking in the dictionary under "manly" there is that picture of Freddie ... as the antonym!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Such a blowhard!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Actually his admission that they made 'mistakes' about some of their predictions, specifically Rutherfords 1925 ones, and his candidness in saying Rutherford said he "made an ass of myself" about 1925, is rather good don't you think and I'm not sure why he should be criticised for that.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Questions that I hope aren't too OT: 1. For those who knew him personally, was he so brilliant or did he stand out b/c the Bethel standards are so low?

2. What did he do when 1975 did not bring Armageddon?

I was in the crowd at Yankee Stadium when he announced 1975. Everything stopped. People were riveted. He certainly had everyone's attention. I don't recall qualifications. I heard 1975, period. Of course, I tended to enter catatonic states at KHs and conventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit