Racism on the forum / Treyvon Martin

by Simon 96 Replies latest forum announcements

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

To add to my earlier comments: I hear too often from some northerners here in Michigan that southern people are lazy, ignorant, prejudiced, racist fools. I hear the most ridiculous urban legends such as the one where companies from here moved south and found the southern workers were so lazy that the companies packed up and moved back to Michigan. Meanwhile, I work hard and take pride in our team and my job and am respected for it.

• Celestial
    Celestial
    To add to my earlier comments: I hear too often from some northerners here in Michigan that southern people are lazy, ignorant, prejudiced, racist fools. I hear the most ridiculous urban legends such as the one where companies from here moved south and found the southern workers were so lazy that the companies packed up and moved back to Michigan. Meanwhile, I work hard and take pride in our team and my job and am respected for it.

That's quite a legend. Via the North American free trade agreement, foreign nationals are hired south of the border to work for a dollar a day in order to produce mass quantity products. These southern workers may “work hard” and “take pride” but they still earn a dollar a day.

The truth of the matter is everyone works hard down here, but I live in the lucrative state of Texas where people “work hard” and “take pride” and live well.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The urban legends I mentioned were to illustrate the prejudice against southerners that is held in some in other regions of the country. We know well that companies move outside of the USA to take advantage of slave wages in other countries. Companies have relocated to the southern states because they may offer more attractive tax laws, wages, etc. I saw it happen when I lived in Bartow Co. Georgia. Anheiser-Busch, Lever Bros and other companies chose to build there because all around it was cheaper to operate there. The sad thing is that workers in those companies in the south are now paid better than a lot of workers in factories here in Michigan.

• Celestial
    Celestial
    The urban legends I mentioned were to illustrate the prejudice against southerners that is held in some in other regions of the country. We know well that companies move outside of the USA to take advantage of slave wages in other countries. Companies have relocated to the southern states because they may offer more attractive tax laws, wages, etc. I saw it happen when I lived in Bartow Co. Georgia. Anheiser-Busch, Lever Bros and other companies chose to build there because all around it was cheaper to operate there. The sad thing is that workers in those companies in the south are now paid better than a lot of workers in factories here in Michigan.

Prejudice inside the States based on nothing more than a geographic location is nonsensical. I've never even heard of such a thing. If the "urban legends" are true I would just move where the grass is greener. It's not like you need a passport or an ID card attesting resident status.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Prejudice inside the States based on nothing more than a geographic location is nonsensical. I've never even heard of such a thing. If the "urban legends" are true I would just move where the grass is greener. It's not like you need a passport or an ID card attesting resident status.

You have absolutely got to be shittin' me. I can't conceive of a myopic view so narrow that it would not know the region based prejudices in the USA. I am completely flabbergasted by this nonsense.

Hell, I'm from Oklahoma living in Texas and there's prejudice (albeit mild) against me on a daily basis. Of course I give it back to all my Texas friends and it's good natured but to say that it doesn't exist is absurd.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Anybody else check out the vids posted by jaguarbass?

Look for this thread to get locked shortly.

• Celestial
    Celestial
    You have absolutely got to be shittin' me. I can't conceive of a myopic view so narrow that it would not know the region based prejudices in the USA. I am completely flabbergasted by this nonsense.
    Hell, I'm from Oklahoma living in Texas and there's prejudice (albeit mild) against me on a daily basis. Of course I give it back to all my Texas friends and it's good natured but to say that it doesn't exist is absurd.

Now that I think about it, I remember reading it was said that there's something rotten in the heart of Texas. I guess I forgot.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,198752,00.html

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

So if someone doesn't agree with the "partyline" of this forum it gets locked huh?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I'm pretty sure it was the White Supremacist stuff that BB was speaking of, particularly on a thread about the owner being tired of the racism?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Okie Dokie. (((((((((((((((beks))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit