Racism on the forum / Treyvon Martin

by Simon 96 Replies latest forum announcements

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON- Good for you to make a thread on this. I for one appreciate it. I get tired as well of racism shown ANYWHERE ; whether on this forum or at any time . I took up writing songs and playing guitar about 5 months ago , here is the title and lyrics to a new song I just wrote entitled :

Prejudice and Ignorance

Prejudice and ignorance it's all just the same

By keeping that view we have ourselves to blame

I don't really know why people have to hate

They just don't realize they need to set it straight

How many tears must we cry

Before we even try

How many young men will die

Till we lift our voice to the sky ?

Black or yellow or white or red

People seek to put down each other instead

They don't really care if they're right or wrong

They just make sure that the hate lasts long

Before we even try

How long will hatred fly

Before we tell it goodbye ?

What we really need is to not be blind

There has to be a total change of mind

To look at each other as equal and free

And recognize the dignity of humanity

There's not much more I can put in this song

Not until we decide to all get along

If we all join hands we can make a change

With peace and understanding we can all arrange

Before we even try ?

Let's have a change of heart

Then we can make a new start

Then we can make a new start

Then we can make a new start .

So, that's my latest song. Wrote it earlier this month. It's how I view the whole prejudiced thing

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Nice, Flipper. Thanks.

Outlaw, good to hear from you.

Have a good vacation! Send us a postcard from time to time, won't you?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Outlaw, don't forget the audience you have. I never fail to be amazed at your sarcasm and the visual displays. It is hard to stay in the Outlaw character.

Please come back as soon as you can. You have an outsized presence on the forum.

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hi Outlaw!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Racism is sooooo 1950's

It makes me so angry that it exists today, it seems a huge problem in USA still, despite Obama and it being 2012. I feel racism has never been dealt with properly. All of the sudden, no one was allowed to be racist and it all went quiet. Ignorant people remained ignorant and made the racist jokes to themselves and out of a black persons earshot. This is not a cure, education and shining a light on dumb ass thinking is the answer. Good work Simon. Homophobia and racism on a Christian themed forum, who'd a thunk it. The fact the WT literature is full if white American people (crack open the greatest man book and find one, just one Middle eastern face or skin colour!) is just a coincidence. Even in the 90's there were kingdom halls in the USA where the old entrance for black bros and sis's had once been. Apparantly racism was one of caesars laws the WT corp were happy to accept as not conflicting with gods opinion on things.... Nice.

Leave the homophobic, racist, sexist crap in your head. Broaden your mind, we can all assure you that you are missing quite a huge chunk of info from your life. Being racist is WRONG. the genes for skin colour are nothing special what's the big deal? Black people are the ancestors of all mankind, white people were just black ancestors that went North and evolved for the colder climate... That's it!! Simples.

Buy a book..... Then read it!

Snare x

P.s. any book....

• Terry
    Terry

Where this all goes wrong is in confuting objective evidence from purported evidence.

Then, adding a layer of racial conclusion-jumping.

In any controversy there is a "he said" which kicks in over and above whatever hard evidence exists.

For example: Does the following exist as a recording? Or, is it merely testimony of a he/she said nature??

Martin was on his cell phone talking to his girlfriend and he told her that there was a suspicious guy following him, so she told him to run home

which he did, this is when Zimmerman told the dispatcher that he's running away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit