Sad news Re: Menlo Park Congregation

by Devil_Fish 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

LV101,

I did not come down on either side regarding Anon Hacking. I sugested that the topic be taken to it's own thread as I feel it is not appropriate in this thread. The issue of hacking the WT was starting to feel like people seeking revenge. I understant that anger is a part of death, but Mostly the people that I have talked to about Ruth are sad to see her pass at such a young age (mid 70's). I don't think Ruth or her family would have wanted revenge.

My intent in posting this thread was to let people know that there is a lot of sadness around this issue, and a lot of lives, and familys that are being destroyed. It's geting too easy to see who cares about the congregants, and who does not.

D_F

• LV101
    LV101

Devil_Fish --- I certainly didn't intend to post distressing comments re/hacking (really don't know much about it) and agree the last thing the family would want is revenge (not Christ like) but how devastating this must be to the congregation --- can't imagine. Striving to serve Jehovah compounded w/the turmoil the congregation is faced with is unreal. The halls for many are a hiding place from life's storms not to destroy.

I doubt anyone would want the WT hacked down knowing family members, ex-friends would be hurt.

Yes, she was too young.

LV101

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Ruth Edwards (Menlo Park Kingdom Hall) public funeral announcement for April 14, 2012 (I've edited it to remove names of living family members and possible minors):

She was 84 years old. Notice that funeral will not take place at the Menlo Park KH, but in Palo Alto instead.

------------------------------------------

Ruth Edwards

Sept. 27, 1927-April 5, 2012

Menlo Park, California

Carrie Belle Ruth was born Sept. 19, 1927, in Porterville, Calif., to Oletha and Carroll (Bill) DeBerry. The family moved to San Francisco where Ruth was raised. Ruth was the only child born to Bill and Oletha, but was especially close to her cousin, Robert (Bob) Douglas, who was like a brother to her.

Ruth met and married Preston Leigh Edwards, and together they raised six children. In 1959 Preston and Ruth left San Francisco and moved their five small children to Menlo Park, after which [daughter] came along. Preston died in 1971.

Ruth met Marie Alums, one of Jehovah's Witnesses, in the early 1960s, and with her help began to study the Bible. In January 1973, the highlight of Ruth's life occurred when she symbolized her dedication to Jehovah God by water baptism and became one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Ruth enjoyed jazz and jitterbug. She was fond of entertaining and often invited friends and family to her home for meals and good times. She had many happy experiences serving as a full-time proclaimer of the Bible's message, and found great pleasure in long hours spent side by side with her daughters, and friend and service partner, Louella Kates Stock, in that work. In 1989 Ruth embarked on a different full-time career, raising two granddaughters. In spite of declining health and stamina, Ruth continued to serve Jehovah faithfully with the Menlo Park Congregation until the end.

Ruth treasured many, many friendships and experiences had along the way in her years of service to Jehovah God. She was known and loved by many as "Granny."

Ruth is survived by her son, and his wife, and four daughters. Her son Bill Edwards predeceased her. Ruth is also survived by 13 grandchildren. In addition she leaves 18 grandchildren.

Memorial service

Saturday, April 14, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses on 429 High St. in Palo Alto, CA 94301

-----------------------------------------------------

So sad...

JV

• flipper
    flipper

Once again the WT society takes another victim. How sad. My condolences to the Edwards family . Sincerely, Mr. Flipper

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you JV. I think my mother does know Ruth and she tries to keep up with folks in the MP congregation so I'll give her this info when she gets back from her trip.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Can someone kindly post a link/thread about what happened in this congregation and why elders needed to be removed.

• tresdecu
  • Devil_Fish
  • Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit