Sad news Re: Menlo Park Congregation

by Devil_Fish 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

It saddens me to inform you that Ruth Edwards has passed. Ruth was a long time member of the Menlo Park Congregation. When the letter was read that indicated that John Cobb, Jason Cobb, Walter St. Clair, and George Stock had been removed from their post as elders, Ruth fainted and needed to be taken to the hospital. I am told that she may have had a mild heart attack at that time two and a half years ago. Ruth was a kind and loving Sister. She passed last week. I understand that the family does not want her memorial service to be held at the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall because of all of the termoil that has occured there. Where ever it is held, I'm sure that all our prayers will be with her and her family.

My condolences,

D_F

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Fish,

Sorry to hear that there has been another innocent victim caught in the crossfire of this controversy.

If you can get the word to her family, please express my sincere condolences.

JV

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

That is pretty sad.

- Lime

• TOTH
    TOTH

So much sadness comes from the wt and its dealings. May the dear lady rest in peace.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I have one scripture that I think is pertinent here. http://bible.cc/matthew/7-16.htm matthew 7:16 sums the whole scandels and coverups section up quite nicely I think!

Has anyone ever thought about going on IRC and urging the Anonomous Hacker group that hates Scientology to go hack the sh**t out of jw-media.org, watchtower.org , and jw.org ? Am I being to vendictive?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The Anonymous hackers would have a field day...

• Joliette
    Joliette

That is very sad. I remember reading about her having a heart attack after reading that all of the elders had been deleted from their positions. People dont understand HOW SERIOUSLY people take the kingdom hall, the organization, JW's in general. But as always, the organization never think about people's personal feelings or health; its all about the organization.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm very sorry to hear about that...

The stress of being in the Jehovah's Witnesses has probably shortened many a member's life, and it's an on-going tragedy...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Has anyone ever thought about going on IRC and urging the Anonomous Hacker group that hates Scientology to go hack the sh**t out of jw-media.org, watchtower.org , and jw.org ? Am I being to vendictive?..." The Crushed

Interesting thought...

But it's usually more than adequate to watch them shoot themselves in the foot.

If the hackers could put up old Watchtower literature, that might be useful - or at least, highly amusing... [eeevil grin]

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I'm sure they will bite if we all push for it and let them know how it is a Cult! It's got some strikingly similar paterns to Scientology. When the shoot themselves in the foot they downplay it and act like its Satans attack on them. I just got an email from an active brother about the mess in Menlo Park and he doesnt even see the corruption at all. Blinders, Gotta luv em! >:D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit