Special talk earthquakes increasing really?

by tootired2care 40 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

So if earthquakes great and small have always happened and are neccessary for the earth to function, could Jesus have possibly given a more vague sign of his presence - of what use is this to anyone except to be cruel?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

could Jesus have possibly given a more vague sign of his presence - of what use is this to anyone except to be cruel?

Since the story of Jesus was told or professed by men endeavored to embellish the relevance of their/this god.

I'd say it was pretty good one no less relevant then the devastation told of Noah's flood or Armageddon itself when fire

will come raining down from heaven killing many.

It really goes back to what the ancients thought caused earthquakes in the first place doesn't it ?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my brother used the term "larger more devastating" earthquakes

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

my brother used the term "larger more devastating" earthquakes

Unfortunately that assertion is not backed by any leading Geological Instituted anywhere.

A mater fact they would probably say that the earth had more of what would be considered larger earthquakes in the earth's past history,

due the evidence provided by the great mountain ranges circumventing the earth such as the Rockies of North America.

Of course Nit Wit JWS don't go to Universities anyways so how could they know that, they just read the self supporting propaganda

dribble off the pages of the Watchtower and Awake magazines.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yep, and Haiti was proof of the (as al bundy would say) "biguns"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The speaker that I heard definitely stressed that it was not an increase in the number of earthquakes, rather their impact. I thought that was surprising to hear but the mags have been saying that recently, e g:

Awake 2002 3/22 p9

"Many say no. They assert that the number of earthquakes has not substantially increased in recent decades. In fact, the U.S. National Earthquake Information Center reports that earthquakes of 7.0 magnitude and greater remained “fairly constant” throughout the 20th century.

Note, though, that the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy does not require an increase in the number or power of earthquakes. All Jesus said was that there would be great earthquakes in one place after another. Furthermore, he stated that these events would mark the “beginning of pangs of distress.” (Matthew 24:8) Distress is measured, not by the number of earthquakes or how they rate on the Richter scale, but by the effect that they have upon people"

Now then , if they say that it "does not require an increase in the number or power of earthquakes" , what has increased? Only the population numbers and the reporting which is what skeptics have said for decades

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There were earthquakes causing great havoc millions of years before Jesus and since Jesus' time, earthquakes causing great havoc have occurred constantly.

Are earthquakes a sign of Jehovah's flaws in creation? Can they stop even after Armageddon or the Final Judgment? I doubt it.

I finally faced an earthquake in NYC. The place rumbled for a few seconds. The end.

Do people remember the earthquake movie from the 1960s or 1970s where Charlton Heston was married to Ava Gardner? It employed special techcnology/ When the earthquake struck, there were scary sound effects in the threater, not on the soundtrack, to make it creepier. It was a fun catastrphe film. Most of the actors were established Hollywood stars. No one left LA after filming.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing the WTS has done for so many years now is selectively pick what information they want to use in their publications and even then twist

that information to serve their own self supporting doctrinal needs.

Because of this you never really do get the real truth but rather a designed formulated truth that has god's approval stamped on it

by no less the WTS. themselves. The leaders of the WTS. have been subjectively dishonest from the its very first issue

it has ever published and printed, done so assertively for its circulation appeal to the public.

Don't expect this to change into the future , thats a Truth one can really hold onto.

• cantleave
    cantleave

So there is a correlation between the increase in Human population and the impact Earthquakes have on that increased population - WHOOPEEESHIT!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea this is just another example of how technology keeps trumping WT quotes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit