Special talk earthquakes increasing really?

by tootired2care 40 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I had to sit though the the special talk yesterday "is it later than you think", the brother a good deal of time making the case that major earthquakes are on the rise, and how I should believe it is "later than I think" based on that fact. I took a bit of time to research this today, and sure enough they are not. The link below has a chart of major earthquakes since the mid nineties, and it clearly shows they are random and all over the place. What do you think should I print this out and show it to the brother that gave the talk, or will I get disfellowshipped for apostacy?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/03/09/charts.earthquakes/index.html

• rix
    rix

Go for it!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what's he going to do? Deny it?

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

It's all about how you frame the correction. If its "you are wrong and here's why" he's not going to listen but go with "I thought you might want to know this so as not to stumble those who may know otherwise."

Either way saying anything is a red flag that you are at the very least non humble pain in the ass. They really don't care if they are correct or not, its all about obedience and following the company line.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Facts are irrelevant, at least to those "still in." That much should be obvious by now.

You've heard the expression, "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts!"

A more convincing (but probably not to that elder) data set would compare earthquakes across a longer time frame.

Blondie posted something telling on that a day or so ago. I'll see if I can go find it .....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Speaker at KH we attended made sure to point out that the script does NOT say INCREASE in earthquakes as sign of Last Days. As I recall, I think he suggested more people to be impacted and cited death and homelessness from Haiti earthquake in 2010.

I think it was Blondie that discussed that WTS that used to say "increase" was sign, but has revised it now to only the fact that there will be earthquakes -- no need for an increase to prove the prophecy.

Earthquakes on the Increase = Old Lite

Doc

• seenitall
    seenitall

They are very careful on the earthquake statement. In fact doing research on the subject reveals the quotations in the reasoning book to be disputed very much from the official sources.

Many other religions are using the signs of Jesus to prove the end times. Check out the web and you will see interesting comments and research.

It was most interesting that the talk failed to mention anything about the "Generation teaching". I think after the circuit assembly part & demo on Sunday AM it is now officially put to rest and hopefully forgotten by the masses.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Cities population is increasing so you have more deaths.

The reasoning is yet another b******* of the GB morons.

NOLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Interesting! It was definitely an increase in earthquakes. The WT and Awake had all this data proving the increase in earthquakes. Today I did laundry at the local Mennonite laundromat. The owner only allows Mennonite literature. There was a journal devoted to making fun of evolution.

I think the script is already written. Only those facts that fit are used. Scientists acknowledge that evolution has some flaws. Fundamentalists never acknowledge that creation has flaws.

Switching from increase to intensity of earthquakes or damage resulting from earthquakes is a move for them. Of course, the more people on earth and the greater the economic development, the greater the improvements to property to be damaged from earthquakes, whether God is triggering them or not.

What vile people would worship such a God who wrecks havoc on all people, including innocent children. I expect that the poorer people suffer the most from damage b/c their buildings might not meet code.

I've been out a long time. Wish it were longer. It helps me see the idiocy. They just keep changing versions of the script. It is clear why they are so afraid of college.

When I finally made it to CA, I was so afraid. I knew all the earth's earthquake zones and where the worse ones were predicted. The nightmares I had of crossing a bridge when one struck.

• sizemik
    sizemik

BOTR . . . good points ^^

Earthquakes are part of how the earth works . . . like lightning, volcanoes, ice-ages, blah blah . . . it's a hostile place, always has been. All life runs risks just by being here. Anyone claiming it's God's doing, is painting him a right asshole.

It's been that way for billions of years . . . and we've been here 5 minutes. It's all so much crap . . .

@tootired2care . . . Poke it in front of him (nicely of course) . . . it's facts v bullshit. One day he might be grateful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit