Cyber-Bullies

by Lady Lee 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

check your PMs MrsJones

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Over the last few months we have had 2 kids commit suicide because they were bullied. It is tragic. These kids believed there was no where they could go where someone would listen to them and help stop the bullying.

My granddaughter has been through it. Worse still she has done it to others.

MY father would sit and watch the hockey game and scream obscenities to the TV at the players and the referees. My foster mother used to love to sit on a Saturday afternoon and watch wrestling. She would sit and yells at the TV warning the ref that there was an illegal hold or punch or yell for one wrestler to beat the other guys head in. Believe it or not she was a 60 yr old Victorian woman who probably didn't weigh more than 100 lbs with her winter coat and boots on.

This is the kind of thing my brothers and I heard all the time. A couple of them went from being little bullies to big bullies.

We heard it in the schoolyard, one kid getting a whole group of other kids to make fun of someone.

It just seems that over the years common courtesy, good manners and respectfulness have disappeared and have been replaced with putting people down and dissing them for whatever reason that makes them different than the bully.

How do we teach our children and our grandchildren (in my case) that bullying is not acceptable. I certainly won't ever teach it to them if they hear me doing it about someone else. My grand-children's father loves his hockey but I have never heard him yell at the TV screen. He might moan and groan at the bad or missed plays but he isn't yelling for anyone to go beat some other player up. He is teaching them by example that this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

So how do we teach the next generation that bullying isn't okay if we do it ourselves or encourage someone else to do it or they see us do it.

Another huge problem here is the sports parent. They have a kid in baseball, or hockey and the parents are mouthing off to the umpires and refs to the point where everyone is screaming at everyone. This is crazy. Some kid will lose his spot on the team because his parents can't behave themselves.

Talk to me. What bothers you? At what point does it bother you? Do you feel torn to take sides? Caught in the middle? Are you sitting behind your monitor and saying "You tell him off buddy. Go get him."

How do we become a part of the solution, in our lives, in our children's or grand-children's lives, and yes in here?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Dammit...

I enjoy being a cyber-bully!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap...

I bullied this thread to death...

• zeb
    zeb

how do i do a pm?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

gasp

and I thought it was me

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I've seen innocent people being bullied online, and it's terrible. i rarely get bullied myself, but it makes me so angry to see it happen to others.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Last one in the pool's a rotten egg!!!

Crap, off-topic...

Does that count as cyber-bullying?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Nope, it counts as funny.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Phew!!

But back to topic...

How does one tell the difference between cyber-bullying, and a good, hot debate - or even an argument???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit