Cyber-Bullies

by Lady Lee 115 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i think you guys need a private chat room

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooooooooo - kaaaaay.....

Now I don't feel so guilty for having dragged Lady Lee's thread off-topic, earlier...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My desire was to never compare anyone to children. If anything the desire was to encourage people to be good examples for our kids. Ithink as adults we all have a social responsibility to improve the world our children grow up in.

My little grandchildren are in school now. I know one day this topic is going to come up. This is a huge issue for kids today. And I want to have good answers for them.

Sadly sometimes everyone needs a reminder to respect others

This isn't hard. The reminder is right there under the SUBMIT button

• tec
    tec

Adults can be bullied as well. It is just usually called harassment or assault (which can be physical or verbal). That harassment can be done in person or over the phone - we have legal ramifications for this - and so there is no reason to think that it cannot also occur over the internet. I don't think calling someone a name (depending on the name) is bullying or harrassment. Just rude and weak. But constantly calling someone such, or following them around the site to make disparaging remarks about them, is more than just rude and could be construed as cyber-bullying. In any case, rules 1-3 of the guidelines should cover these things, if they are followed.

Peace,

tammy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Last night I was with a group of friends and we all had worked with bullies on the job. Sadly there is no age limit on being a bully

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

We can be bullied in traffic too. Have you ever driven down the highway and had someone follow closely or flash their lights? You feel compelled to pull over or speed up. Thats bullying.

Or at a stop light if you dont ago immediately when the light turns, at a speed those behind you feel you should, they blow the horn. That's bullying.

At a stop light i cant even think im so focused on making sure i go when the light turns so i dont endure harrassment from others. Nearly every time I'm required to go somewhere in the car I come home shaking and in tears because other drivers are so vicious to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit