Are You Ready for The Memorial?

by OnTheWayOut 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Have my prayer shawl and yarmulke ready.

• geevee
    geevee

Part of a Satanic ritual is to REJECT the body of Christ.... can you believe that. It is Satanic worship to reject jesus' body. How can we do this? By NOT partaking of the symbolic bread and wine.

Sound familiar?

• heathen
    heathen

Yep GeeVee we here that one all the time . They believe they are merely stating they are not of the LF and are just respectfully observing the night of christs death . The whole thing was supposed to be an actual passover dinner not just a nibble and sip . Their belief is that the GC only washes their outter robes in the lambs blood to appear morally clean in front of God and are not in the covenent . All I can say is that is one way to look at it.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Not ready, but I am going, for the first time since '07... I dunno what it'll be like and I'm not looking forward to it... I'm going to please the better half.. she has lightened up a lot about the religion and does a few things with me that isn't in her language..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oh BUGGER ! have I missed it AGAIN ! how careless can you get !

As I wrote on another thread, we here in Phizzy Castle have a ritual, on Memorial (Reject Jesus party) Night, we have a damn good meal, as this is a newly instituted "Supper" we don't bother with the old lamb and bitter herbs, or dry crackers etc, we have a recipe new to us, accompanied by lots of booze, whatever we fancy !

SO, I raised a glass, and gave the toast "To all my friends on JWN !" *Later, because I feel so sorry for you, I shall raise a glass to all of you who had to go, better luck next year !

* You would have laughed, as I did that my better half said "Be careful ! I may go back !" , then fell about laughing and proceeded to list all the reasons why we would NEVER go back.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'll be going just like Jesus, invisibly!

You'll know I'm there because you can't see me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

00DAD , what are the signs of your invisible presence ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    00DAD , what are the signs of your invisible presence ?

If you wonder at all if he is there, he is there.
    If you don't hear any unexplained noises and nothing moves that isn't supposed to move, he is there.
    If all is not the least bit out of expectations, be assured that he is there.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

We're not going, despite getting a personal phone invite! I love how they call just once a year to "encourage" us. I feel bad for the elder, what a crappy job to have. I bet he hoped we wouldn't answer the phone. He even told us we could sit at the back and slip in and out if we felt uncomfortable going. I wanted to ask why we would feel uncomfortable being surrounded by Jehovah's loving people...but didn't want to give the poor guy a hard time.

I think I'll just watch this Memorial video instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TfwZX4B5Y&feature=related

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My wife mentioned the Memorial for the first time today! She didn't ask if I was going, she only said that she was going...My son was around so I said innocently: "I work with a Jewish girl and she told me Passover starts on Friday night", to which my son replied: "the day starts after sundown" to which I replied: "Jewish passover starts after sundown on Friday so Jesus would have celebrated Passover on Friday night and not tonight"...big silence, then my wife said: "Well the Memorial is tonight!" My only comment was: "I don't really care on which night the Memorial is, I just know that the Jewish Passover Jesus celebrated falls on Friday and not tonight".

I had hope that my comment would have them question why the Memorial is celebrated a day before the Jewish Passover...and question why the speaker will say that on this night some many years ago Jesus ate his last Passover meal with his disciples...but I guess the WT "scholars" must know better than the Jews when Passover is celebrated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit