Are You Ready for The Memorial?

by OnTheWayOut 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've posted on other thread - no invite here. I'm gutted.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I'm going and partaking! Bottoms up!..." Serenity Now

Gaaaah!!! Have you ever TASTED that cheap stuff they serve???!!??

My dad bought similar wine, one year - and I tasted it. Worst-tasting crap I've EVER had - drove me back to drinking grape juice instead of red wine, for a LOOOONG time!!

Here's an idea...

Bring your own wine, dump out that crap into the drinking fountain when the cup comes around to you, and refill it with some decent hooch...

• heathen
    heathen

They really are lame with their explanation of theirs on the return of christ , How are they going to be invited to the marriage feast if jesus doesn't have a physical presence and return to earth ? They like to use the ,"no man can see God and live ", Jesus was seen after the resurrection and people lived to tell about it so why not see him when he returns ? Things that make you nuts when dealing with those freaks , I'd only get the answer , " the society says ........ wow like they've never been wrong eh

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I am not going.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OM, too late for tomorrow's Memorial, but consider a tie like this:

Of course, there's also the no-tie options.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I always get sick on Memorial night. What are the odds,huh. But,I am going this year.

The changes they made to the songs they usually sing at the Memorial are horrific to say the least.

I figure,it's over before you know it,I'll be home a bit after 8:30,and I can partake of some really good wine.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, that time of year for the WT and invite under the door. Eh, whatever.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I, too, used to give the talks & pass out the emblems. Haven't gone in 3 yrs. No matter what you believe, this is a waste of time. Time, it turns out, is rather finite & I've decided not to waste one more second on this travesty of a religion. Think I'll drink & howl at the full moon. Much more productive.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Too bad I got to go...but I remember being younger (pre-teen) and eating the bread and drinking the wine after the memorial was over...all the kids at my hall use to look forward to that...

• seawolf
    seawolf

I listen over the phone and that keeps them off my back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit