Are You Ready for The Memorial?

by OnTheWayOut 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My uber elder cousin is having his daughter and son-in-law fly into Seattle from Bethel so the son-in-law can give the Memorial Talk! Must be nice to be a Bethel jet setter!

• Inisc
    Inisc

Garyneal you sound like a good husband,

Well done to you for supporting your wifes activities and I'm pleased she does the same for you.

If it makes you feel any better your wif probably isn't angry with you as such for not keeping the kids quiet, much more likely she is worried about what others are thinking as some in the hall rule over their kids to be good little quiet robots! Sad but true.

I don't know how old your kids are but if they are very young maybe your wife would be ok with you staying home with the kids?

thus saving her from worrying, them from boredom and everyone's happy.

Just a thought. Good luck anyways.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Armed and ready - I have obtained an ample supply of red wine in keeping with the importance of this occasion.

In fact - I have been rehearsing for some time. Cheers!

• eva luna
  • TOTH
    TOTH

I'm not going, but I am waiting on the last minute call to take my father in law. I have decided to not take him like I didn't take him last year. I am DONE with their rejection of the Christ ceremony.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    If it makes you feel any better your wif probably isn't angry with you as such for not keeping the kids quiet, much more likely she is worried about what others are thinking as some in the hall rule over their kids to be good little quiet robots! Sad but true.

Thanks Inisc and venetian,

My wife laments now being so harsh with me that Sunday. I talked to some of the other witnesses after the meeting and they did not think we were that bad at all. Even the babysitter said, "I serve Jehovah, not other people," which I thought was a good way to look at it.

Never-the-less, the damage is done.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'm going and partaking! Bottoms up!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I want you to mean that, Serenity. See the bottom of that wine glass. It's the best way for people to know that someone partook.

• JRK
    JRK

Again, I am not going this year. I got the obligatory invite last month, but respectfully declined.

JK

• Open mind
    Open mind

My unbaptized teenage son is thinking about partaking.

I'm not encouraging it but I'm also not going to jump over and try to grab the glass out of his hands either.

The Memorial will probably be the only meeting that my wife attends this year.

Since I need to set a good example and take the lead spiritually, I will probably attend 2 or 3 times this year.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit