Supreme Court Ruling Allows Strip-Searches For Any Arrest

by Bangalore 61 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Fourth age of Aquarius? I think BTS is disagreeing with me - while Justicia and BOTR both agree with me.

Maybe the end of the universe is nigh...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

OK, I actually bothered to read the NYT piece. It seems that the court says it is OK to strip search when you arrest someone and jail them. This isn't like getting a speeding ticket or something minor where no arrest is involved. Seems reasonable to me. You need to make sure whoever you put into the holding cell doesn't have weapons/drugs etc.

I denounce my former statement.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

James said: BTW - just as a side point: Wasn't the original arrest that got this ball rolling done in Florida?

Given the current neighborhood watch shooting, and the botched case of the woman who killed her 2 year old kid, (and walked) wouldn't that be the irony of the year?

NewChapter said: Indeed. Never been to Florida. Sounds like a crazy place.

BTS said: You are ignorant. Florida is a great place.

Look, instead of saying mean things to me, take it up with James. He was the one to point out the crazy things going on in Florida. Anyway---I am certain I would not like Florida. It seems hot and humid, and I would probably prefer Alaska---which also sounds like a crazy place simply because it spawned Palin. But seriously, James, why did you piss of BTS by misrepresenting Florida?

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I denounce my former statement.

Thank you, BTS. James denounces his statement (actually a question) that this might have happened in Florida.

Florida IS a great place - (even if the Anthony girl DID kill that baby).

BTS and I are in alignment. The planets themselves are now back in alignment.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Look, instead of saying mean things to me, take it up with James. He was the one to point out the crazy things going on in Florida.

Pointing out that some events transpired in Florida is not the same as saying Florida is a crazy place, there is no misrepresentation going on there...how'd you like it if I said it was all the ex-Ohioans that were the problem?

Anyway---I am certain I would not like Florida.

Not this time of the year, when we have what are called "million dollar days." Besides, I'd much rather deal with our summers over your winters. Hot and humid? Jump in the pool!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Are you too now in alignment with the planets, New Chapter?

• botchtowersociety
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Florida is a bellwether state.

As goes Florida so goes the USA.

• Diest
    Diest

Florida would be fine if you cut off the pan handle.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, I see we are all completely off topic now.

Probably just as well - SC has decided, nothing more to see here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit