How Many Here Were Ever "Hit On" By A JW?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was very aware of how being too "friendly" could be percieved. I had my share of sistas that would only want to talk to me. I'd always grab another elder.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

wha happened. HAHAHAHAHA. I am most certainly not mad at you.

I was dating this sister up around Davis, CA and when we went out and a pack of condoms fell out her purse. She gave some lame reason as to what they were or for. Well she invited me out again and took me to the UCLA book festival one time. We stayed at a brothers house in Long Beach. He went out to a party and came back at 3am stone drunk. The sisters and I drove down to San Diego and hung out all day. Then came back. Meanwhile this sister,two other sisters and myself were at this brothers house alone all night. If I were in the mindframe that I was toward the end..........

I wasn't raised in the truth either. But I bought in and thought everybody was on the up and up as in being good christians. I was terribly naive as a JW.

Minimus you're so right. When I was pioneering I gave my friend a ride home from service one day and she rode in the backlseat all the way to her house. Just her and me. Both of us more worried that someone would see us and assume the worst.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, never. :(

• blond-moment
  • cofty
    cofty

I was probably too naive to notice.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I've thought of a load more instances since my first post, but I don't want to recount some of them, they will identify me for sure if the person concerned ever comes on here and reads, I think that would be a shock for them, and maybe prevent them from finding TTAT.

Suffice to say I was a good looking kid who didn't realise I was, I was gauche and uncomfortable with the opposite sex, if I fancied them, but if the person seemed out of reach, i.e married, I was relaxed and my normal self, because , though I did find the person HOT, I kinda suppressed the urges.

This did not stop the advances , but I always interpreted them as innocent, and put them down to my horny imagination. Looking back though, I had the most TREMENDOUS come-ons , but did not believe them !

One incident I will recount, because she was acting out of bravado, was we were travelling for a long time as three married couples in a camper van, we didn't sleep init, but travelled in it, the conversation got to how one couple had got too close to another couple in their congregation, we had probably done the same with the other couple in the van from our congo.

To show off the sister I really fancied starting holding hands with me, and then we kissed, in front of the couple who had instigated the conversation, my wife and her husband were up front facing forward as he drove, but it was all really about sexual tension and flirting, not reality.

It never went further than that, a strange incident though in oh so moral Witness world.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Not ever directly hit on, but I've had my fair share of uncomfortable “close” talking and inappropriate “hugs”.

• minimus
    minimus

Being hit on ain't so bad, is it?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH: One sister called me the night my wife left and offered to stay the night so I wouldn't be alone in the house.

That's so thoughtful of her! No doubt she didn't want you to be frightened by any scary monsters!!!

• jws
    jws

I was so messed up with JW mating rituals and shy to boot. I never "hit on" any JW girls unless I met them while I was out drunk. And I didn't recognize being hit on (maybe didn't believe JW girls were doing that) or I might have been a lot happier JW (or maybe DF'ed or married to one of them - ugh!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit