Timing of "thinner magazines" announcement

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Remeber you gotta wait 'till just the right time to slap a beehive.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Since most dubs don't bother to actually read the magazines, evidently the GB expects that those in attendance at the "Special Talk" will be excited to find out that there will be half as much in the magazines that they still won't read.

Frankly, if it wasn't announced in advance of the 1/2013 issue, many of the dubs wouldn't even notice that anything had changed.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Well they are presenting the change as the result of the success of their website.

I think that will be the spin. If the Watchtower embraces the Internet it could have a huge benefit to their growth. There is now the ability for them to mass market at unprecedented levels through the internet, and this could be very positive for increasing numbers. If lone sharks like Camping could use the internet for remarkable growth, imagine how much the Watchtower can use it to their benefit.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

So does this mean that I can cut my donations in half and still be ok? lets see 0.5 X $0.00 = ......hold on carry the one.... ZERO

• factfinder
    factfinder

Where did it say they were cutting the page count to 16 per issue?

They really are hurting for money!

It only costs 8-10 cents to print a 32 page magazine. They can no longer afford to do that?

Watch book printing drop off too, and soon tracts will replace brochures.

Jehovah is blessing them so much they have to keep cutting production!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

IDK. April is 'excitement month', so anything announced will be seen as a 'sign' that the end is closer....

• Ding
    Ding

Why do you think the news will be unpleasant?

There's no end to the amount of WT literature JWs are expected to read.

I think a lot of them will feel relieved.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They'll be even more relieved when the Awake! becomes a 4 page section in the back of the Watchtower.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Black Sheep-

LOL!!!!!

• factfinder
    factfinder

If the mags are only going to be 16 pages why bother to print them?

I just looked at the March issue of the g-it is so thin as it is, half of that would be practically nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit