Timing of "thinner magazines" announcement

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Given smaller mags, does that mean they dont need the same number of KH and will sell half and give the proceeds to charity ?

• factfinder
    factfinder

If the study edition will be only 16 pages how will there be room for the months study articles?

What they could do is reduce the WT study to half an hour (like I always wished they did when I was a witness) and then abbreviate each article to only 10 paragraphs.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The study edition will continue as a 32 pages magazines, it is the "other" WT, the public one, that will be reduced.

I don't think they can ever drop the WT or merge the two magazines into one. The WT magazine itself is so basic, so vital for the history, that it must "always be". There are many easy-to-read article in the present magazines, about countries, mountains, animals, that after having thought about it, the more "religious" articles can easily be trimmed down to two 16 pages magazines.

But I seriously think about the JWs living in high altitude mining villages in Peru and Bolivia, in jungle settlements in the Amazonas, in the deep forests of Congo and Central Africa - when they are told they can find the articles on child rearing and more "fun-stuff" articles for the children to colour etc, on the Internet? Most of them do not have electricity, a few might have some diesel-driven aggregate that gives light ten minutes before going to bed at night, and computers is a "what-is-that?" word. Youths in the West will survive, but youths in the Congo ..............?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Does anyone know, by the way, what the "other letter" is about, the February 1 letter that is to be read directly after the talk? That is a different one from the letter that is to be read after the WT study.

• steve2
    steve2

Actually, they have done this before. They said this exact same thing about the smaller blue "Truth" book

prior to 1975 - it was supposed to have been made small and simple to get as many as possible into the JWs

before the end came in 1975. Bible studies were supposed to result in baptism within 6 months, or else they should move on to another victim.

Absoutlely my thoughts James. There was so much hushed serious talk about the significant changes that would follow thre

Absolutely my thoughts James. There was so much seriously breathless talk about the significant changes that were signalled by that blue book. One of my JW aunts who was considered the super-zealous one in the family confident said that the Society would never have to produce another bible study book because we we're so close to the end. It was a significant change from the tome that newly-interested ones used to have to plough through, Let God Be True. Watch the witnesses whip themselves into a breathless state over this latest Emperor Without Clothes. Watch the world continue to exist. Watch the internet sap even further the limp lifeblood out of the rank and file. It will be a drearily endless show without end.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Remember the good old days?

Shelves upon shelves full of brown binders to dust down during spring cleaning. Nowadays the produced tripe is downloaded and archived, soon to be forgotten. - Honey, I just formatted the drive!

• mP
    mP

i just checked wiki, and apparently on 8 april 2005 pope jp ii died. not sure if theres something in that. what day was the awake cut for fortnightyly to monthly ?

• mP
    mP

the 8th april 2012, is also a special jewish holiday of the sun that occurs once every 28 years - birkat hachama. im starting to think the wts picked this date for its astrotheological connection.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    im starting to think the wts picked this date for its astrotheological connection.

Yeah they are famous for that sort of forethought.

• Pig
    Pig

It's funny. All the shit i had to put up with, and as soon as i leave they cut out the book study, change the blood doctrine and minimise the mags.

COuldnt they have watered it down..i dunno...TWENTY FREAKIN YEARS AGO SO I COULD HAVE A MORE NORMAL CHILDHOOD!!!!???

The JW kids nowadays are all on facebook and having parties. If anyone gets to paradice it should be me.. for putting up with Jehovah when he was a stubborn repressive prick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit