Timing of "thinner magazines" announcement

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

The announcement of the reduced number of pages in the Watchtower & Awake will be made after the Watchtower Study following the "special talk" on April 8.

Theoretically, that's when there will be more visitors and "outsiders" than usual. Even the talk itself has 1/2 of its content directed at inactive JWs.

Obviously this reduction in pages has been in the works for several weeks if not months. Why pick that date to announce it? Why not a week before or a week after, or at a service meeting?

The news will be catch most off guard, and (I think) be an unpleasant surprise. It will be the primary topic of conversation after the meeting, rather than "what a wonderful talk" or "there's Brother Inactive, let's talk to him".

Why did the Society pick that date to make this significant announcement? And why announce it at all at a meeting? When the Awake went from 2 issues per month to 1, it was announced in a KM article.

The Society is quite cagey and slick. what are they trying to acomplish by doing it this way? I can't figure it out.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Obviously this reduction in pages has been in the works for several weeks if not months.

Reducing magazines from 4 to 2 has been considered by the GB at least since the 90's.

Why pick that date to announce it?

Maybe they want to make it sound 'special', give it a positive twist. That date (special talk) is a spiritual high for many; they will take the aanouncement as exciting news, a sign of the end being near. I can almost hear them saying "See how the GB is simplifying because the end is so near, yada yada yada"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

sir82: I mean this with sincerity and as a compliment. You are more clever than they are.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There goes the University of Asleep! You will get fewer disjointed articles about eating insects in the Republic of Central Africa. Instead, there will be more world-bashing, more bashing of other religions, and more efforts to mislead people into the rubbish.

I remember when they claimed that reading the Asleep! was equivalent to university education. Even then, that claim was rubbish. We had 2 Asleep! rags plus 2 Washtowel rags per month. Back then, the articles were along the lines of trying some exotic tea in some part of a South American jungle, or washing your hands with soap and water. I remember training dishwashers, and it took me all of 15 seconds to instruct them to wash with soap and water before handling clean dishes (and almost none ever did). They used a 4 page article about this topic, wasting all that time reading it.

And now that one Asleep! rag a month is cutting their "university education", half a rag is even worse. No more articles about washing your hands with soap and water. And, to those trying to place the rags, that takes out half the options of placing them. I used to be picky about which articles to feature because I didn't want something that could be used against me later. Now, with only 1/4 the material per month, the witlesses are going to have to use whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts in those rags. Hopefully, now people will have to do their research online--and get to these horrible apostate sites.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The talk is about how close the end is, so they associating the change with the end game, getting the R&F excited!!!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you are right, cantleave. they want us "excited" about it like this baby that is controlled here in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWpVuI_WnP8

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

"I remember when they claimed that reading the Asleep! was equivalent to university education. Even then, that claim was rubbish. We had 2 Asleep! rags plus 2 Washtowel rags per month."

So now that we have only 1 each per month (and they will soon be half the former content), does that mean that you can no longer get the equivilent of a University degree from them, and will now only receive the equivilent of a 2-year associates degree?? Seems to correspond to the current view on "higher education"....

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

So why they also not put these two publications then in one magazine????

The sleepytowel something like that.

Or maybe they will do but then for 2014 if they need to cut more in cost.

DS

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    So why they also not put these two publications then in one magazine????

My guess is its all about the count, if they combine to one the circulation for the two magazines would essentially be cut in half......

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Downsizing of the number of articles and pieces of literature that the WTS. produces is just another viable " sign of the times "

that this version of the Jehovah's Witnesses is going through major changes, perhaps major doctrinal changes as well.

Perhaps will see 1914 dropped all together into the future for its such a debilitating anchor for the WTS. to hang on to.

If they did drop 1914 it would liquidate just about all of the we are definitely living in the End Times crap that they've

been selling for the last 100 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit