my family, my da status and my s-i-l (VENTING)

by peaceloveharmony 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Doggone it!! Stay away from the board for a little while and I miss all the important threads! (((((((((((Harmony)))))))))) ah sweetie, you know I love you!!! Families can be a real bitch sometimes, but what are you gonna do?? Sorry that your SIL was such a shit; I would guess that she must be a pretty miserable person. Try not to let her infect you too k?

As for being strong, Harm you are one tough lady! And you know, the occasional purging of strong emotion is NOT weakness. In fact, being able to admit it to ourselves and then express it honestly is strength; holding it in and constantly denying it is weak. And hey, Harmony gal, you're my cyber sis. If that ugly ol' troll-witch of an SIL can't appreciate you, who cares?? Coz you've got all kinds of people here who love you and appreciate your many great qualities!

Ok, off to the shower now...hang in there sweetie

Love,
    Dana

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

wow (((((chezza)))))) how horrible for your family to tell your children that! i'm sorry you have to deal with this crap too :( my heart goes out to you.

((((wendy))))

you are so right about it feeling better after a good cry and getting it all out. thanks for your support! today is a new day and i'm feeling much better about everything. almost like back to normal functioning. ya know even if my parents don't reply to my email, i know that they will have read it and at least i said it to them and they know! and that feels good. love you too wendy. kiss your babies from me

(((wasa)))

hahaha, damn this is going to be one expensive mother's day, you are right about that! thanks for your always kind and uplifting words. your daughters are very lucky indeed. :)

prisca,

you know what, you are right i am lucky and for the most part i do not feel the hurt of having two siblings shun me. it's been nine years since i left and i think i usually deal with it just fine. but ya know, something like what happened saturday night brings up all these feelings and i got upset about the whole situation. sorry for venting, i guess i didn't realize there are guidelines or rules about who can vent on this forum. you said

Just because one non-blood relative won't talk to you doesn't mean anything.
    it actually does mean something because she happens to be married to a blood relative. and she happens to influence him, just like my sister's hubby influences her. you don't know this but kevin and i used to be real real tight. we are less than two years apart in age and since we didn't grow up in a neighborhood, he was usually my sole playmate, he was also my confidante and my best friend. obviously as the years have passed the hurt has faded (i don't think a single friend of mine in R/L or here would say i wallow in self pity regarding the state of my family) but if you would have read some of my replies in this thread you'd see that i stated the incident from saturday night sparked all these emotions in me and i had to VENT (did you notice the title?) i'm sorry your family is giving you a hard time. i am sorry for all who are suffering the loss of friends and family due to this f-ed religion. so i guess i can thank you prisca for reminding me that i am lucky but just because some of my family speaks to me doesn't mean the hurt and anger that results from the ones that do shun me isn't as valid as your pain and anger.

imbue,

no need to be sorry, s-i-l is a bitch and i said as much to my mom and dad. i think i could use a little bit of that ny attitude and next time confront the s-i-l directly :):)

(((valis)))

thanks for your kind words. me a district overbeer? oh val, i'd be honored

(((gil)))

i hope you continue to have success in keeping relatively normal relationship with your family and especially your sis. good luck. thanks for the hugs and kisses and words of encouragement

(((dana)))

my sis! *flexes muscles* feeling stronger today :) (i've got the coolest cyber sisters in the world! hehe) it's weird about the s-i-l. first time i met her was at their wedding. hug, kiss, congrats, i'm happy for you. that was the extent of our conversation. last saturday was the 2nd time i've ever seen her in my life. also the first time i saw my bro in two years, since the wedding. i guess expecting common decency is not something cultivated in young dubs these days. my attitude has always been, it's their loss, they are choosing religion over me. but i realized i've gotta try to crack thru that jw conditioning and show them that i love them. i can't give up hope because i know kevin and i could repair our relationship. not all is lost. anyways, i've started to ramble again lol, thanks dana...i love you too!

(((((((((((tina)))))))))))))

for showing me it's okay to admit you need help from your friends sometimes. can't be a rock all the time

(((((my cyberfamily))))) thank you!

love
    harmony

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Harmony,

I'm in a similar situation with my family. I know what you mean about that fear that one day they will do what they're supposed to do and start shunning you. I know the pain of doubting your family's love.

Keep in mind that for those who truly love you, this is almost as painful for them as it is for you. Sometimes I just want to shake some sense into my dad so he wouldn't have to keep on suffering. It's painful to think that our presence is causing tension in the family. Sometimes I think I should just leave them alone and they would be able to get over me.

Try to focus on the fact that you are the educated one. They are trapped. They are afraid to get out but you are there to reassure them. When they become ready, you'll be there for them. Usually we want the family to be our safe haven. The place we can go to feel comfortable and safe. In this case it has to be the other way around. You can rely on friends here online. They can never replace your family and they shouldn't. It's the JWs that teach that it has to be an either/or situation.

I enjoyed meeting you in Dallas because I now know that you are a special person. You have that extra dimension that makes it possible for someone who has just met you to LOVE you. I'm sure it's very easy for your family to love you. It's just hard for them to deal with the indoctrination that tells them you're bad.

If we could pick and choose our family........I would choose you as my sister. You have the kind of honesty and open affection that everyone dreams about in the perfect family. It's obvious in the little time that I spent with you that you are the reason your parents are willing to break the JW rules and hang out with you. I'm proud to know you.

TimB

• Valentine
    Valentine

(((((((harmy))))))))
    Today is a new day!! I was thrilled and touched to see so much support going your way!!
    Yep,life's road indeed can get rocky.And that's when we grab on to our friends,allowing them to help us till the road smooths. And when they feel like they might 'trip'well,we grab ahold of their arm and support them till the 'smooth' place again appears.
    Such is the cycle of love and friendship.......and you are so right! Learning to take the risk and ask for help opens opportunities or options we may have not seen before. w/ luv.T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• Xena
    Xena

Hey mony...not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you...I am with Tim, you can be part of our family anytime!!!! there is a top bunkbed with your name on it!

edited to say: Glad to see you are doing better today Tina

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Hi PLH..... I am a realtive newie..
    Your story is an all too familar one, I lived on eggshells for quite some time.. I couldn't hack it after awhile ..too much emotional blackmail, for such a shallow relationship.. based entirely on what the WTS said this week about DA family.. so I told all my family..including my dying Mum exactly what I felt.. and I lost them all.. But that does not make anyone a lesser person..maybe a fair bit pissed but since then.... I have made far more loyal friends out of WTS then I could ever have imagined..and they at times can be all I need.. But there is no substitute for unconditional love from your family..that is supposed to be a right....

"Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like trying to eat without swallowing."

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

((((((tim and xena)))))))

love you guys! tim, your post left me speechless! i'm proud to call you both my friends and tim, i'm honored you'd choose me to be your sister :)

Keep in mind that for those who truly love you, this is almost as painful for them as it is for you.
    thank you this reminder. sometimes in my pain, i feel that they are purposely trying to hurt me but it's not them, it's their damn religion. i hope things will smooth over with your family soon. xena, how'd you know i love to be on top?

kissafish,

sorry about the loss of your family :(:( but i am glad to hear you've made some great friends outside the wts. i agree, i've met some of the most loyal and wonderful friends since i left the jws.

But there is no substitute for unconditional love from your family..that is supposed to be a right....
    amen to that.

((((((tinabel)))))

hey sweetie, glad you are doing better. thanks for the words of wisdom sis :) love you

love
    harmony

ps. i haven't heard back from my parents about the long email i sent. now i'm starting to think they won't respond since they know in their hearts that the whole shunning thing is bullshit and they can't defend the actions of my brother and sister. so they will just ignore it like they have for the past nine years and hope that i will too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit