my family, my da status and my s-i-l (VENTING)

by peaceloveharmony 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• heathen
    heathen

here is a big hug and kiss to make you feel better ((((plh))))

• mindfield
    mindfield

I'm sorry to hear about that, harmony... (((((((((hugs)))))))

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

AHA! All you latecoming hug bandwagon jumpers!

Slipnslidemaster: "Facts are the enemy of truth."

- Don Quixote

• openminded
    openminded

Here is one for ya. I have the cong PO checking with Witness friends of mine at the hall to make sure they are not hanging with me(he must have heard they were)( I am not df'd or da'd mind you) because I evidently have some wierd ideas- like I have my kid in Tae-Kwan-do(ooh how evil I am)and whatnot. I havnt been to a meeting in 2 yrs for gods sake.

Can you say slander. Im thinking I should consult a lawyer.

om

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey Harm,

I'm just a lunk-headed guy, but stick with it and they won't do it forever. Keep reaching out, keep pursuing a relationship with your brother......he'll come around. Anyone who LIKES to shun you shouldn't even be considered family.

I told this to my wife, and once she got over the shock of losing her parents (you could apply it to any family member) she was able to move on. I'm so sorry you're going through it, but some people you just can't reach. I'm sure you know the ones you can though, and DONT GIVE UP ON THEM. The people who despise you will be obvious. Anyone who isn't obvious, fight for their love. Don't let anyone influence them. Wrap your arms around them and be goofy, kind, just don't let them go.

If you love someone enough, pretty much nothing else matter.

Good luck....

ashi

• Imbue
    Imbue

You in-law Beth sounds a little controlling. YOUR relationships, especially with YOUR family, are none of her bussiness! Tell that Vitch off.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

• conflicted
    conflicted

Harmony,

Hugs! After all the kind words and support you've tossed my way, it's only fitting to send some back to you.

Dealing with believing family mambers is probably the hardest thing about leaving their religion - you hit the nail on the head about your fear of losing them.

I don't know your parents other then what you've stated here, but they do appear to be somewhat reasonable, for example, not shunning you in your da'd state. Hopefully they never would.

For some families the bond between its members is strong enough to bring everyone out, and I wish this for you. In spite of your JW upbringing you have grown into a loving and caring person - that in itself is something to be proud of. But instead of taking care of you and saying 'screw the rest of them', you carry on and try to help them out.

Saving someone who doesn't want to be saved or realize they're in danger is far harder than saving yourself. But I know you have the strength and resolve to see this through.

You have my email address, use it if you need to.

More hugs,

Conflicted

--------------------------------------
    life is the opportunity for art

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Harmony,

Sorry to hear you got shunned instead of welcomed by your brother and his wife. I know what it's like because I have a similar situation.
    It doesn't feel good, even after a long time has passed. Hopefully one day they will come around, but if not, who needs 'em?

((((Harmony)))))

• think41self
    think41self

((((Harmony))))

Sweetie, when I think of how those self righteous people had the nerve to shun YOU...one of the kindest, most decent people on the planet[>:(] I could just rip them all a new one!

Walking that tightrope with your family is no fun...and it is stressful. I know you usually cope with it pretty well, cuz you are one strong woman, but it's ok to cry once in a while, you know. And it's fine to come in here and tell us what a bitch the SIL is, we will all cyber bitch slap her for you, ok? I would give her a spanking for you, but she might enjoy that, and we don't want that. Come to think of it, how about if I just offer YOU the spanking? I love you Mony, hang in there sweetie!

think41self

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i'm overwhelmed by all your replies. thank you so much for taking the time to extend your love to me. it means so much to me.

((((mommie & the darks))))

your words mean so much to me! it is such a wonderful feeling to know that there are people out there that have never met me in person yet are so giving, so non-judgmental and so caring. sending much love to you and the family

(((kep)))

your story gives me hope that someday all of this will be a bad memory and i'll have a mostly normal relationship with all of family. thank you.

(((ajax)))

thank you. i will take your advice to heart!

(((heathen))) (((mindfield))) thanks guys!

open,

oh man, that is so stupid. the stupidity of some jws really gets me. it's like you've got a brain, use it! do they not see how dumb and legalistic they are being? sorry bud (((om)))

(((ashi)))

you are not just a lunk-headed guy. from what i've seen of you here, you seem to be so very caring and loving. your wife is a lucky woman. i love this:

. Wrap your arms around them and be goofy, kind, just don't let them go.
    i'm trying! thank you :)

imbue,

hehe believe me, i wanted to have some words with s-i-l. still do, i found her number but have refrained from calling so far.

(((conflicted)))

thank you for what you've said here. for the most part i'm okay with things. i know i'm very lucky that my parents and two youngest brothers still let me be in their lives, some people lose their whole families :( :( thanks again.

(((dude)))

thanks for the hugs. sometimes family really sucks eh?

((((tracy))))

hehehe, thanks for making me laugh. i'm just picturing us all cyber bitch slapping the s-i-l, and that makes me smile :) and thanks for saying i'm strong. i really try but sometimes it gets too hard and i've gotta let it out. i love you too. give your kiddies a big hug and smooch from me.

everyone, thank you thank you thank you. you have all helped me to get thru this day. hugs and kisses all around :):)

love
    harmony

ps tracy, about that spanking......hehehehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit