Long-term investments4140$ 62,716,482
    Inventories4150$ 1,411,585
    Land and buildings in Canada4155$ 49,115,890
    Other capital assets in Canada4160$ 22,729,383
    Capital assets outside Canada4165
    Accumulated amortization of capital assets4166$ -27,154,612
    Other assets4170$ 25,607,592
    Total assets (add lines 4100 to 4170)4200$ 161,830,259
    Amount included in lines 4150, 4155, 4160, 4165 and 4170 not used in charitable programs4250$ 1,095,882
    Liabilities:
    Accounts payable and accrued liabilities4300$ 5,178,558
    Deferred revenue4310
    Amounts owing to non-arm's length parties4320$ 305,198
    Other liabilities4330$ 39,737,524
    Total liabilities (add lines 4300 to 4330)4350

$ 45,221,280

Total eligible amount of all gifts for which the charity issued tax receipts4500$ 14,515,271
    For all tax-receipted gifts received during the fiscal period please provide:
    Total eligible amount of tax-receipted tuition fees5610
    Total eligible amount of tax-receipted enduring property5640
    Total amount received from other registered charities (excluding specified gifts and enduring property)4510$ 8,527,653
    Total specified gifts from other registered charities4520
    Total enduring property from other registered charities4525
    Total other gifts received for which a tax receipt was not issued by the charity4530$ 18,467,084
    Total revenue received from federal government4540
    Total revenue received from provincial/territorial governments4550
    Total revenue received from municipal/regional governments4560
    Total revenue received from all sources outside Canada4575
    Total interest and investment income received or earned4580$ 3,601,930
    Gross proceeds from disposition of assets4590$ 404,624
    Net proceeds from disposition of assets (show a negative amount with brackets)4600$ -509,860
    Gross income received from rental of land and/or buildings4610
    Non tax-receipted revenues received for memberships, dues, and association fees4620
    Total non tax-receipted revenue from fundraising4630
    Total revenue from sale of goods and services (except to government)4640
    Other revenue not already included in the amounts above4650

$ 386,529

Occupancy costs4850$ 4,543,958

Total amount of gifts (excluding enduring property and specified gifts) made to all qualified donees5050

$ 61,379

Fair market value of all donated good used in charitable programs4890

• Is that 400K from publications sold and $40M from donations ?
    • 62M in long term investments and only 22M in cash ? How can this be with Armageddon coming next week/month/year...?
    • Zero to charity !
    • 61K in gifts -- to whom ?
    • 4.5M in occupancy costs, do they rent or lease anything surely they own all their properties in Ca ?
  • Scott77
    Scott77

Does anyone know that the yearbook of JWs also shows the total amount of expenses they spend caring for missionaries, traveling servants, etc? How much was for the last year?

Scott77

• JeffT
    JeffT

From the point of view of a US coporate accountant, this is not an eye popping amount of money. After we left the witnesses my wife and I attended a large mainstream church. When they needed to expand they build a new church for about 30million dollars. After working in real estate for twenty plus years that isn't a lot for a large building, although they nearly went broke building it.

I do wonder about the different categories of donations, why receipts issued for some but not others. In the US that would mean anonymous donations, but that seems like a lot.

They are also sitting on a lot of cash and cash equivalents. This is normally done when a company is considering either a big expansion or anticipating a dry spell and hanging on to enough money to keep the shop open until it turns around. Either way has interesting implications.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is like all the Christian churches. The difference is that the churches themselves are usually ornately decorated, while the washtowel sends its funds to headquarters. Leave the followers destitute, while enriching the ***** entities running the whole show. All the while, what genuine value do the ***** (or Christians, for that matter) contribute to your life? Certainly not spiritual enrichment or salvation.

And I don't give a fxxx if they crash and burn for lack of funds. My "tithing" is spending money on silver (and I keep the silver). Just a taste of the ***** own medicine--to steal a concept, corrupt it, and throw it right back into their faces. (Which the ***** did with just about the whole LIE-ble). I will not support that religion that claims to be Christian (itself probably the most abominable platform on the planet) while having more of a ***** flavor to its adherents. I, for one, will send my checks to the places that sell silver (so I can get more) instead of to the Washtowel.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Scott77-

the figure from the 2012 YB is over $173 million.

• factfinder
    factfinder

When I click on the links it says that information is no longer available.

Thank you for copying it mP!

• dozy
    dozy

Yeah - I wouldn't get too excited about the WTBTS accounts. I used to work for a financial organisation that audited charities & some of the churches we looked after had vast amounts of cash & properties and old ladies dying leaving millions for them (I guess they saw it as a passport to heaven). Also by mistake one year the UK tax authorities sent us the "Deed of Covenant" accounts for the local church - it made our Kingdom Hall figures look puny.

In comparison , the WTBTS is a very small player. Lets face it - there aren't too many really wealthy JWs around.

• besty
    besty

classic George Carlin - God ain't too good with money - just keeps slippin' through his fingers, always needs just a little more to get by on.

tax free donations + volunteer labour = property empire. alchemy.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz
    Travel and vehicle expenses4810$ 2,300,004

Private jets and cadillacs? Do all the canadian COs and DOs really cost 2 million bucks in a year?

Oz

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

When I was growing up we where often reminded as witnesses that Babylon the Great was living in "shameless luxury" and that the WTS was absolutely unlike them in this regard. We where often critical of the Catholic church for accumulating great assets while Catholics in poor countries struggled to stay alive. It is very noteworthy that the WTS would NEVER publish any of their financial information in any of their own publications. It is also noteworthy and I might add, praiseworthy that the smaller Bible Student groups ( such as the Dawn Bible Students and the Pastoral Bible Institute) freely publish an annual financial statement that details their entire financial worth. I challenge the WTS to do the same.

FW Franz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit