Detailed Financial Information - WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF CANADA

by AndersonsInfo 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Did anyone saw notice that $ 23,327,494 was the total expenditure on charitable programs? Jehovah allone know what are those 'charitable programs' are

Scott77

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It looks too high compared with the UK figures.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I saved it for a time when I can take a longer look at it. I'll post some comments later.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Must remember folks this is coming off a Government Web site, so the numbers should be assumed correct.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Along with what Scott77 said, did you notice that, at the bottom of the page, the assets that were NOT used in "Charitable"works amounted to over 64 million dollars...???

Here...

This is what I'm referring to...

" Property not used in charitable activities

Enter the value of property not used for charitable activities or administration during:

• The 24 months before the beginning of the fiscal period - [balance sheet acct #5900] $ 64,086,829
    • The 24 months before the end of the fiscal period - [balance sheet acct #5910] $ 78,623,640

• dozy
  • edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

The part that says charitable giving in the UK accounts is misleading I think I am correct in saying that charity giving means sending money straight back to Brooklyn HQ and they allocate it from there to the World wide work which in effect means they give the charity money back to themselves.

This at first glance looks as if they do a lot for charity but its payment back to themselves if I am wrong please correct me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceburg. That represents only one of their corporations in Canada. With a little digging you can find similar pages for most congregations, though with lesser amounts. I found one a few years ago that had my name on it from when I was the account servant and filed the tax return for the congregation. There is also the regional building committee, kingdom hall building fund, all the assembly halls, and all the congregations, and who knows what else. The kingdom halls are deeded to some congregations, while other congregations pay rent to the one the hall is deeded to.

To meet the requirement of spending a certain percentage of receiptable donations on charitible work, the congregations simply write a cheque to another "charitible organization", the WTS. All these "charitible organizations" meet their legal requirements by donating to other "charitible organizations" under the cult's umbrella, rather than doing real charitible work. The money flows from one hand to the next, but always within the same circle.

Personally, I consider it fraudulent, but the cult has covered its legal ass by sending out "volunteers" to do the "preaching work".

W

• hoser
    hoser

this one caught my attention:

Long-term investments

I guess armageddon isn't as close as they're saying it is

$ 62,716,482

• hoser
    hoser

yea worth over 100 million in the great white north and they still have the balls to ask for more money today at the watchtower study

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit