Has anybody gotten a copy of that super secret elder school book?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Yes - I do, on PDF.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ditto

• blindcat
    blindcat

I read it on YouTube. It was very enlightening. And enraging. Well worth the read. It let's the regular peple in the congregation know just where they rate in the grand scheme of things in the Borg.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I particularaly appreciated the accompanying letter about spiral binding and who qualifies to do it

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Haha, yup. Women cannot even bind it. Other needs supervision. But ask an elder (in my case I asked a CO) why so secret..."everything that is in there is in the literature, it's not secret" Then why the big secret.

A judicial committee on youtube (user/anondude2) mentioned to the elders "well in the shepherd the flock of god it says this and that"...Oh man did the elder have a problem with that. He even admitted that elders were "special" they were not equal to the rest of the slobs.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    "everything that is in there is in the literature, it's not secret"

This must be a stock answer. When I asked an elder about it, he said exactly the same thing. Of course my next question was, "then why won't you let me read it?" He said, "because I can't, so please stop asking me." I felt bad for him, so I let it drop.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Any definitions of 'BRAZEN CONDUCT' in the literature?

George

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

InterestedOne When I asked why keep it secret then....I was told because some would abuse it to use it in their favor. I replied that is true anywhere, deal with them on a personal level as it comes up, if it's all in the literature, why keep it secret. Sister that was there ..."it's like my pioneer book, that isn't for everyone"....which I replied, it should be, there should be no secrets. Or something like that.

I have them on youtube (user/Danmera)

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

blond-moment - Yes the pioneer book and the OD book are other examples. On one hand they say everything in those books is in the literature. Logically one asks then why are these books kept secret? If the elder says it is to keep them from being abused, one would logically conclude that if everything in those books is in the literature, a person could abuse the literature just as well. As for the pioneer sister, if everything in the book is in the literature, there is no reason to only allow pioneers to read the book since everyone is allowed to read the literature. What possible reason could there be to not allow someone to read those books?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit