Has anybody gotten a copy of that super secret elder school book?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 56 Replies latest jw friends

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

May have one too please?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks OODAD. Great insight!

According to the new Shepherd the Flock of God book, it is apparently now permissible for known child abusers to be recommended as elders as long as the "sin" was years in the past:

"For example, the sin may involve past child abuse, and this would likely disqualify him for years." - Shepherd the Flock of God, p. 38 (2010)

Note that this potential "disqualification" is only "likely" and could only be "for years". I don't think you're going to find THAT in the R&F editions of the WT or Awake!

• yknot
    yknot

Tenene and Dreamgolfer......check your PMs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Yes the pioneer book and the OD book are other examples

Is there a .pdf of the pioneer book? Does anyone have a copy? Is it available to download anywhere, by any chance?

The OD book....is that the Organized Book? or something else?

Please can someone PM me if they can send me a link? (I have the Organized book and the super secret elders' book.)

Thanks.

• tenene
    tenene

Got it, thanks Yknot! Appreciated.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Is it possible for me to get a copy of the newer version of the elder school book? I only have a PDF of the 1991 version. Would be great, thanks in advance.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Someone ought to bring this child abuse thing out in the open...when there's

a guilty plea here at least, and I am quite sure it's the same in every state and

perhaps elsewhere, the offender is ORDERED to register for the rest of his or

her life with the police. A guilty plea IS an admission of guilt. Sometimes they

can do an Alford Plea, which is not an outright admission, but an acknowledgement

that the prosecution has enough evidence to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.

But back to serving as an elder after "several years" has passed...a convicted offenders

is NOT ALLOWED to work or volunteer in any environment where he has access to children.

Doesn't matter how long ago the offense was. The Watchtower is breaking the law clearly.

Someone ought to phone up there and ask them for clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit