Favorite TV Shows Growing Up

by TOTH 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Inisc
    Inisc

Friends, was during my teen years and always tried to drag mum and dad home quick so I wouldn't miss it! It was on on a Thursday night 9pm in the uk.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

(I was born in the mid-70's.)

Knight Rider

Woody Woodpecker

Tom & Jerry

Looney Tunes

V

The A-Team

Manimal

Sonny Spoon

Seinfeld

Unsolved Mysteries

Blake's 7

Doctor Who

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Surrised nobody mentioned I Spy with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby, wish the Antenna Channel or one of the others would bring it back.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Also Astro Boy, Marine Boy, Amazing Three, Gigantor, Tobor the 8th Man, Speed Racer, Kimba the White Lion-

remember those? !!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The Banana Splits!

• TOTH
    TOTH

More great stuff!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Okay, who remembers Truth or Consequences?
    And "Kids say the Darndest Things" with Art Linkletter!!!! He was the bestest.

I remember them. I watched them daily. Fun.

I also loved family affair and courtship of Eddie's father.

I loved Doris Day movies and her TV shows. I loved all of the Lucy shows.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Munsters and The Addams family were soo dark and mysterious. We loved them.

Hawaii 5 o

• poppers
    poppers

Okay, who remembers Truth or Consequences?

I remember Truth or Consequences. In fact, I was in the audience for a taping when I was in the Marine Corps - they invited a bunch of us Marines as part of one of their gags. It taped just before I got out in 1972, so I was able to watch that particular show as a civilian. Remember how at the beginning of each show they'd pan the audience and everybody was laughing hysterically? Well, what they did when I was there was tell us to laugh as hard as we could (even though there was nothing to laugh at) and they'd select whoever did the best job of it and give them a gift - that was sort of disappointing. They claimed they usually had someone telling jokes to make people laugh before the show started, but he was unavailable that day. I suspected they told every audience that.

• poppers
    poppers

Anyone remember The Rogues with David Niven, Charles Boyer, and Gig Young? They played a group of con men. It was only on for one season in 1964/65 - I loved that show, but it got cancelled after one season. Another favorite was Laredo, about a group of Texas Rangers that was a comedy/western, and that only lasted a couple of seasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit