Is the Watchtower shy about repeating their new "generation" teaching?

by slimboyfat 245 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

So in 40 years time all the copious quantities of BS DJidoit has written on this forum will be obsolete?

After 42 years in the borg I can assure you I have seen many of these ideas come and go. I also know that if they were ever questioned, those questioning them would have been DF'd for aposatsy, unless they swallowed their "pride" and fell in line with the gb and their crappy proof readers.

Dj you are such an idiot!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heh....

Can't Leave, the "Eggnoggin's" blather is obsolete before it gets out of his mouth...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This says that those that sit as a governing body aren't responsible for the errors and omissions of those that previously sat as members of the governing body ...." DJChristmasbeverage

Hee hee hee heee!!

And what excuse is there for the multiple errors of the CURRENT members of the "Governing Body", hmmmmmm????

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Fact: The WTS, nor JWs mention or talk about this so-called new-light [of overlapping generations]. (It's ludicrous and hints at insanity on the part of today's Governing Body!)

Fact: This new teaching is not supported in Jesus' direct words of warning! - most JWs don't see the scriptural support either.

Fact: Some JWs still use the old explanation! See proof of this below:

At a recent meeting, during the school, a sister used the pre-1995 explanation of "the generation" in order to convince the house-holder that time was short. I sat in disbelief at how this sister totally missed the recent [over-lapping] change! - perhaps this is indirect proof that the WTS doesn't mention the [new] generation teaching much anymore. (In a way, I feel bad for most JWs because they have been so mislead by their leaders. The leaders have toyed with their intellect, too. For instance, they have been taught that their leaders are "God's sole channel of communication today", yet they say that 'the annointed have no special knowledge above the other sheep'. What the heck! Doesn't that mean that the whole religion is run only by men, like your or I?)

• castthefirststone
    castthefirststone
    This says that those that sit as a governing body aren't responsible for the errors and omissions of those that previously sat as members of the governing body (like Knorr and Franz)

So let me get this straight, errors made by Governing Body doesn't overlap yet the lives of the people who witnessed some imaginary event that makes up this generation's lives overlap?

Wow, that's amazing.

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

I accually feel sorry for anyone trapped in this cult ok!They have deified the watchtower/governing body above Jesus and Jehovah.This expanded generation is utter foolishness and a blasphemy of the holy bible/spirit!Don't forget the 1985 baptisimal vow change of the 2nd vow either,when vowing to dedicate yourself to the holy spirit was removed and replaced with the lords visible organization!I wonder how Jesus feels about this,sinful earthly people blocking out his own written words,and inserting their own?Does not matt 28:19+20 say,,,,,,,,go therefore and baptize ,,,in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit?,,,i don't see written in these verses ,,,,the lords visible organization...!This was seemingly done to legally prevent the possible law suits against the society from a DF. witness for sueing for defamation of character,when they are shunned?If i have mis spelled some words here people ,i am sorry,as i have been out of school for 40 years ok!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Oh where's Eggnog when you need him? I wish he would explain the following text, by using the Society's new light.

NWT Deuteronomy 5:9 You must not bow down to them or be led to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;

Who exactly is it that will get punished here? With a generation (= overlapping groups) everybody will get punished, and for a long, long time. Nope, it makes no sense at all. Help, Djeggnog!

• Ding
    Ding

It was so much easier in the old days.

Remember that little drawing that had an arrow pointing from 1914 to Armageddon with a caption "one generation"?

That illustration explained WT teaching on the subject in less than 5 words.

The current "overlapping generations" teaching would require a diagram resembling a flow chart of the entire WTS bureaucracy.

It only makes sense if you believe that you are your own grandpa...

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Bump bump bump!

• smiddy
    smiddy

This thread is priceless I have to bump for newbies

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit