Is the Watchtower shy about repeating their new "generation" teaching?

by slimboyfat 245 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

In years past i would have leaned towards the gb letting this issue die... But it seems they are more than happy to repeat it and discuss it.

I'm starting to think that WT leadership are molding this teaching into a sort of loyalty test.

They know it is perfectly absurd. But if you, an average JW, are so convinced that the GB speak for Jehovah, then you too will parrot and defend this utterly bonkers doctrine.

If a JW can't or won't....well, "you know, I always suspected him of apostate leanings...."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

slimboyfat - " I doubt ordinary JWs are using it as a talking point on the ministry..."

'Course not.

They'd have to try and explain it. :smirk:

• Saename
    Saename

I, being an unbaptized Jehovah's Witness publisher, have never even heard of the "overlapping generation" teaching. Nobody has ever told me about it. I found out about this absurd teaching when I started reading apostate websites around two weeks ago.

Jehovah's Witnesses wanted me to get baptized. And guess what... I didn't even know about those absurd teachings because nobody has ever told me about them. And then, if I were baptized, and if I found out about those types of teachings after getting baptized, they would tell me that one of the questions to get baptized was whether I did my research about the Jehovah's Witness religion (read: cult), and whether I have come to the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only right religion (read: cult) based on that research. Based on my potential answer to that sneaky question, I would not be able to get a sort of annulment of my baptism, and thus I would be shunned if I were ever disassociated or disfellowshipped.

I am so glad I learned of this absurd teaching before getting baptized. Today, I happily recognize myself as one of Jehovah's Witness apostates preaching the good news. I am proud of being an apostate. I am proud of being an apostate because I preach the real good news—namely that Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult. (Don't worry; my "good news" is not a religious teaching. I am not religiously devoted at all and do actually recognize myself as an atheist. I'm just making fun of Jehovah's Witnesses.)

• ozbrad
  • steve2
    steve2

That question JWs love to ask nonWitnesses comes to mind, "What does the Bible really teach?"

Answer: It sure as hell doesn't teach anything about the 'overlapping generation."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "...'you know, I always suspected him of apostate leanings'..."

I can just imagine...

...everyone in the congregation furtively glancing around suspiciously at everyone else during the entire meeting...

If that isn't a recipe for pure f**king paranoia, I don't know what is. :laughing:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit