4/15 WT - WTS Pridefully says they can " Guide " JW's past "Armageddon "

by flipper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

O.k> pg. 2 !

KOJACK57 - You may be closer to the truth than you think. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the WT society pulled some Jim Jones or David Koresh stunt as more time goes by without an actual " Armageddon " . It is interesting WT headquarters moved upstate New York to get out of the spotlight .

00DAD- Exactly. What can a person tell from looking at the Bible ? Nothing but a lot of wild stories. WT society doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

MOSHE- Good point. I mean, the Bible's version of what happened in 70 C.E. in Jerusalem is only one version. It would be interesting to read ALL history renderings of what happened.

ZIDDINA- Thanks ! I appreciate the kind words. Exactly. The WT society is hitting rank & file JW's REALLY hard with the " kool-aid " version of the WT that they study at the WT study. But average " Joe " or " Mary " householder doesn't KNOW how hard hitting the WT magazine is because they are offered a DIFFERENT WT version. A " shiny, happy " version that only talks about " paradise " and " never dying " , " living forever ". It's ridiculous.

WT WIZARD- You are right, the WT society has a lot to answer for in wasting everybody's lives who gave their life on the WT society's behalf. It's a scam of the worst proportion in deceiving people telling them they'll live forever ! I mean- come on ! Nobody lives forever !

MP- Very interesting historical slant you bring in your post ! I didn't realize cannibalism was occuring in jerusalem during the Roman seige. Wow.

SMIDDY- Very good examples you provide of failed expectations and predictions of the WT society. It's apalling they even have the gall to keep shoveling this " predict the future " $hiot out there for JW's . They really have their minds controlled.

BUBBLEGUM APOTHEOSIS- Exactly. I mean, come on- Ray Franz said that Governing Body members didn't even proofread what the Writing Committee submitted for publications because they had no time. IF the GB didn't even read it - then really the GB doesn't know WHAT they believe ! They just pull teachings out of their behind ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mP
    mP

@flipper

well look at the message of the eucharist, all christians by definition are symbolic cannabals when they eat or drink the bread and wine. Well with JW only some get to be cannabals.

Cannabalism happened a lot in the recent past, its one of the really taboo topics that nobody likes to admit. Even just recently it was the one thing nobody ever admitted but it happened quiet often in the times of great exploration by the English and so on. Many times they ran out of food for numerous reasons such being caught in the doldrums etc and the last thing left to eat was a dead fellow crewmember.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you flipper you are always so kind to answer each post.

• Violia
    Violia

I've heard these almost exact same words since the 70's. We are just to trust the Borg- follow orders. . Only they don't tell you the elders don't follow the same rules the r/f have to. While a lot of us gave up on education, many of the elders kids got an education . With their title came perks for their kids and family.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

From the OP:

" As events unfold during the great tribulation, Christians will need to heed instructions from God's word AND ORGANIZATION. For example, Jesus' command to " begin fleeing to the mountains " has a modern-day application. JUST WHAT FORM OUR FLIGHT WILL TAKE REMAINS TO BE SEEN. However, we can be sure that Jehovah will make clear the meaning of THOSE INSTRUCTIONS when the time comes FOR US TO FOLLOW THEM.

Mr Flipper, you are correct to call them "prideful". How can anyone have the gall to assert that a Biblical passage has a "modern day application" - and then immediately admit that they don't know what it is?

• carla
    carla

Maybe I haven't been keeping up lately, is it just me or is this one of the more blatant and possibly dangerous things they have put in print lately?

As a ubm I find this most disturbing. They must listen to the borg and without a thought? that is normal for the wt but the associations already made with Jim Jones, Koresh, etc.... makes it all the more disturbing as they seem to be pushing the Big A more than usual. Or maybe the the fascination with the 'end' in the general public (Mayan's, Doomsday Preppers, etc..) is adding to jw paranoia?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Maybe the instruction will be sell all your belongings you won't need them then send it to us so we can make preparations. Then they disappear quietly with the cash with a note gone to heaven see you later alligator.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Listen - IF the WT society WAS God's true channel or " spokesman " don't you think God would have already TOLD them what to do in the face of an upcoming " Armageddon " ?

You do realize that is a profound statement? They hesitate to make up what God would have already told them because they don't know what might befall their giant printing corporation. They might have to stop printing when that's no longer profitable. They might have to call for all the faithful JW's to give unusually high amounts of money to them, or to stay faithful on their own while the "FDS" flees to a tropical location that won't extradite them.

I only wish I was kidding in the above paragraph.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the great replies !

MP- Very interesting what you say about cannabilism. I never knew it was that common as you stated. Thanks for the info. I know out here in California there's the story of the Donner party eating each other in the mid 1800's crossing the Sierra mountains in the winter, pretty sad story. But you could understand out of desperation people turning to cannabilism.

N. DREW- WEll, thank you, I appreciate that. Everybody's take is important here to me.

VIOLIA- Good point you make. As JW's we were told for many years to just follow the GB. Well, as you mention there are double standards regarding college. The higher up you are in the organization the more likely the GB turns the other way when prominent members do something askew.

RETROVIRUS- Very true. THe WT society always makes wild , unconfirmed claims and takes on Bible prophecies, yet they have no concrete proof, or ANY plan of action in the future to back it up ! They are just as much in the dark about the future as any of us ! But they're too prideful to admit it. It would cause too much doubt and panic among current rank & file JW's if WT leaders admitted tHEY didn't know the future.

CARLA- It is creepy and dangerous like you say that WT leaders are pushing the Armageddon thingie. Main thing they want to do is to keep JW's in fear and under guilt in order to control their lives. It's not beyond reality that WT leaders some year could get desperate to maintain control like Jim Jones or David Koresh did. Nothing would surprise me at this point. If they can do that - then WT leaders pocketbooks will keep getting filled $$$$ .

NANCY DREW- It wouldn't surprise me if the WT society leaders already have off shore bank accounts filled with billions $$$$ . One thing I know is as you say they'd leave rank & file JW's high and dry before they themselves would have to suffer.

OTWO- Exactly. WT society leaders don't know about the future anymore than we do. They may indeed call on JW's to donate more money or get a more aggressive money swindling campaign going towards rank & file JW's. One thing we know for sure- WT leaders ans legal corporate officials have their OWN interests at stake and couldn't care less about JW's real life future

• therevealer
    therevealer

In the near future they will announce the return of the book study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit