4/15 WT - WTS Pridefully says they can " Guide " JW's past "Armageddon "

by flipper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This thread is for everybody and everybody is welcome to comment on it . However I'm going to direct my thoughts and comments in this initial post to lurking Jehovah's Witnesses who may read on this board and may be sitting on the fence pondering on whether to stay in the Jehovah's Witnesses organization. Also to newer members who may have joined the board.

In this latest 4/15 WT in the article , " Jehovah Knows How To Deliver His People " it conveys the thought that only the WT society ( through God's help ) will be guiding any JW's through the alleged " Armageddon " considered God's war against the wicked. After giving examples of how " Christians " fled into the mountains around Jerusalem in 70 C.E. to escape Roman armies it asks the question to JW's today , " What Lesson can we learn from this account ? " It gives the answer in paragraph 16, " As events unfold during the great tribulation, Christians will need to heed instructions from God's word AND ORGANIZATION. For example, Jesus' command to " begin fleeing to the mountains " has a modern-day application. JUST WHAT FORM OUR FLIGHT WILL TAKE REMAINS TO BE SEEN. However, we can be sure that Jehovah will make clear the meaning of THOSE INSTRUCTIONS when the time comes FOR US TO FOLLOW THEM. Since our deliverance will depend on OBEDIENCE, we do well to ask ourselves: " How do I RESPOND to INSTRUCTIONS that Jehovah ( through the WT society leaders ) provides for his people now ? Am I QUICK TO RESPOND , or do I HESITATE TO OBEY ? " Translation in reality is this : WT society is telling YOU Jehovah's Witnesses that if you DO NOT obey THEIR directions on WHERE to go right before this alleged " Armageddon " happens you will NOT be delivered if you don't OBEY their instructions. In essence they are putting themselves on the same level as God claiming you HAVE to obey them in order to survive and save your life !

Now- the reason I capitalize words in my threads is to emphasize certain points. When the WT society tells you " just what form our flight will take remains to be seen " - it means that THEY don't know either, in fact, THEY don't even KNOW if " Armageddon " is real or not ! But it's a useful tool to help them to continue having YOU be controlled , as a JW to rely on them for all the " answers " to the universe ! Listen - IF the WT society WAS God's true channel or " spokesman " don't you think God would have already TOLD them what to do in the face of an upcoming " Armageddon " ? And when the WT society asks you about " HOW you respond NOW " to instructions from them - they are testing the waters of your devotion. They are making you doubt or QUESTION your own reasoning on things to make sure that THEIR thoughts are YOUR thoughts. WT society DOES NOT want you making your own decisions. They want you to follow them no matter what ! THEY will tell you where to go before Armageddon ! THEY will tell you WHAT to do ! THEY will tell you WHERE to sleep !

In regards to their statement to be, " QUICK TO RESPOND " - they phrase it that way because they do NOT want you THINKING about your decision. The WT society DOES NOT want you to use your mind. So they want you to decide QUICKLY so you won't have TIME to use your mind if you have doubts ! Snap decisions without worrying about the consequences of your decision !

It's curious that other religious or cult leaders have done the same to their followers in our modern day. Jim Jones required obedience without his followers being allowed to choose where they were going either. It led to hundreds of deaths due to their misplaced devotion to him as a " leader". Same thing happened to David Koresh's followers at Waco, Texas in the mid 1990's when almost 100 dies in a firestorm of bullets and Koresh setting the compound on fire killing his own followers. They TOO, were told to trust him implicitly ! Marshall Applewhite though HE knew when the end was as well , yet his followers were told to die and commit suicide to get to their destination ! Harold camping thought hE knew EXACTLY when God's judgment or " Armageddon " was coming - TWO TIMES - the dates came and went without anything happening !

I think you get my point. WT society has been making empty, hollow promises for 132 years now ! NOTHING they have said has come true. "Armageddon " is an unreality, it is a fear and guilt tactic used by the WT society in order to keep you controlled, locked down, and ONLY serving the WT society's purpose - which is to keep YOU as a devoted JW relying ONLY on them to tell you if you'll live, die, or HOW you will exist. Are you willing to put YOUR life in the hands of an organization that has made empty promises before without fulfilling them ? What if they tell you to do something insane or crazy when they give " instructions " to follow them somewhere when they mysteriously get a " message " that" armageddon " is close ? What will YOU do ? I hope you use your OWN mind and don't QUICKLY obey them , but opt for researching your decisions on the Internet first as it may cost you your REAL life like it did the followers of those other cults / religions I mentioned.

I care, that's why I'm taking the time to write this. I have no ulterior motives other than seeing you use your freedom of choice and free minds. As always I hope you think about it. Any comments by lurking JW's, fence sitters, newer members , older members are welcome. May we all seek freedom for ourselves and each other ! Peace out to you all ! Mr. Flipper

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's always bothered me that JWs talked up a big game when it came to being "ready" for Armageddon, but no one actually DID a damn thing. No preparations for food supplies, exit strategies, drills etc.

Instead we were all expected to put faith in this group of leaders that have some secret esoteric knowledge and trust that they had some master plan OR that angels would come down from heaven and reveal it to them. It's all a crock of bull. They don't have a DAMN clue about anything, because it's all fantasy to control the flock and keep them perpetuating a greedy corporation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning Flipper!..

The WBT$ has more control over World Events than most people realise..

The WBT$ cancelled Armageddon in 1975..There was nothing God could do about it..

The WBT$ already fired Jesus as Mediator for all JW`s,with the Exception of the 144,000..

God wouldn`t Have a Job without the WBT$..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is it pride? or a simple institutional mentality that makes it impossible for them to conceive the thought that they may not be "Jehovah's Organization? We all know how hard it was for us to accept that thought, even more so the men who have spent decades in the 'marble towers' of Brooklyn. To them it is more impossible to be untrue than for the Earth to be square or The Moon to be made of green cheese.

In that study issue, April 15, I found the next article "Jehovah Safeguards Us For Salvation" to be even more controlling. It discusses John 6 44 "No man can come to me unless the FAther who sent me draws him" and says:

"p 6 ] When you began listening to the good news Jehovah helped you to grasp it by supplying Holy Spirit"

So, God called YOU to be a J W ....How can you resist it???

p12] Have you ever studied something in OUR literature that seems to have been written just for you? Accept the correction as coming from Jehovah"

So, they clearly say that their writings are to be viewed as "coming from Jehovah"

What does The Bible say about the prophets who would make such a claim?

• VM44
    VM44

"How do I RESPOND to INSTRUCTIONS that Jehovah ( through the WT society leaders ) provides for his people now ? Am I QUICK TO RESPOND , or do I HESITATE TO OBEY"

Is The Watchtower now saying that they are speaking in the name of Jehovah?

How will The Watchtower recieve these specific instructions form Jehovah?

• agonus
    agonus

This is at least the second time they've flogged the "instructions" message in the past couple of years. But it appears the only "instructions" that are forthcoming are instructions to prepare for forthcoming instructions. You know, you can bang on all day about how imminent Armageddon/The End is but when you start to explicitly mention "instructions" or "procedures" you're really in full-on cult mode. What's most frustrating is that the WT continues to do the "We're mainlining/We're more of a cult than ever" foxtrot with half their literature dedicated to putting a respectable face on JWs and half of it with insane crap like this. WT, seriously... you guys need to put up or shut up. Those of us with family still in are having a hell of a time figuring out if you're still bluffing after all these years. You do know you can't cry wolf forever, right?

• VM44
    VM44

"Am I QUICK TO RESPOND , or do I HESITATE TO OBEY?"

What The Watchtower desires in its followers can be described by the German word KADAVERGEHORSAM.

This word means corpse-like, unthinking, wooden obedience.

• dozy
    dozy

The record in "giving instruction" isn't very encouraging. The WTBTS used to teach that the modern day fulfillment of the Jews fleeing to the mountains was the anointed fleeing out of the anti-typical Jerusalem (ie Babylon the Great) since 1919. A previous thought was since 1945 (when the UN was formed - the "digusting thing that causes desolation"). (A bit harsh on the UN , who are so generous in allowing library access to NGOs but I never did like that Boutros Boutros Ghali , anyway - too many Boutroses in one name for my liking).

Now they say that the understanding is "to be revealed". So basically , we got it wrong the first time but listen to our instructions & follow it anyway , because it could mean your life.

Just my 2P - the WTBTS should just shut up about trying to constantly predict Armageddon ( which Jesus tells them to do anyway ) & just focus on encouraging Christian qualities amongst their members. Engage with the members rather than dictate to them through fear & empty threats - build communities. Otherwise many more JWs are going to leave. I see it everywhere. What now is a trickle of people leaving could become a torrent.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    The WT society DOES NOT want you to use your mind. So they want you to decide QUICKLY so you won't have TIME to use your mind if you have doubts !

This is also why they do not like college. Too much thinking.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I agree with Dozy. They must first make up their mind about "the disgusting thng causing desolation." At the moment it is standing in a holy place, "where it ought not" (cf. Matt. 24:15; Mark 13:14), according to Watchtower theology. Surprise, surprise, it has been standing in their midst from 1992 to 2002. These prophecies have thus been fulfilled. Perhaps now is a good time to flee. But where do they flee to? Paul said: "Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves, says Jehovah, and quit touching the unclean thing" (cf. Is. 52:11). By consorting with the beast, JWs have placed themselves on the same level as Babylon the Great (Rev. 18:4).

They cannot flee to "God's earthly organization," for it has been compromised. The following places they should NOT flee to: The "mountains of Israel" are going to be invaded by Gog (Ezek. 38:8). The "beautiful land" (= the land of the Decoration) is going to be invaded by the King of the North (Dan. 11:41, 45). Jerusalem (= spiritual Jerusalem) is going to be captured (Zech. 13:7, 8; 14:1, 2). The two witnesses are going to be killed by the "beast from the abyss" (= the UN) (Rev. 11:7). So they can only flee to the new formed mountains at Zech. 14:3-5, more specifically to the valley between those mountains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit