4/15 WT - WTS Pridefully says they can " Guide " JW's past "Armageddon "

by flipper 45 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

THE REVEALER- You never know, the Book Study may comeback. But I don't think the WT society wants JW's meeting in small groups. They can't control them as much. But, you never know, we'll see

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

I always had my doubts about this topic when I was active in the religion. As one or two posters may have mentioned, where is the preparation? If such a thing were coming and the religion supposedly had a heads-up, wouldn't they give some instructions or some advice as what to gather, what supplies and a hint as to where (because, really, WHERE is everybody going???)

Is it going to be like a scene from that movie with Charlton Heston when everybody is guided out of Egypt??? Great movie and very inspiring. This might figuratively work if all JWs lived in the same geographic area. But, this is not the case since JWs live all over the world. In theory, the religion would have to have an exit strategy mapped out and the rank and file JWs would have to know about it in time. Sorry, I am just not buying it. Not only that, the people in the religion are so clique-ish and judgmental and who could trust them to 'rise to the occasion' when the time comes when they aren't even friendly now. However, it would not surprise me if the religion has a safe haven for itself. I have seen programs on what doomsday preppers out west in the desert are doing. Never mind what kind of world they would be stepping out into after it is all over.

All in all, I never really believed the religion knew anything and all this is empty talk designed to sooth the anxious people in the congregations who have been hanging on the religion's words for years!

• flipper
    flipper

LONG HAIR GAL- Exactly. I mean WHERE would the WT society think they would tell the JW's to go if an alleged " Armageddon " came ? The WT leaders don't even know. And good point you make that if rank & file JW's are sniping at each other now ratting each other out to elders and gossipping about each other in calm times- how could they ever trust each other in hard times ? I never bought into the Armageddon thingie either deep down. Perhaps when I was younger being raised as a Witness but by the time I hit 30 yrs.old I was starting to have doubts. Took me another 14 years to finally exit after that though. Just be glad we are not controlled through fear & guilt anymore ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower leaders wouldn't know what to do if Armageddon started.

They have put their trust in their lawyers and in their property holdings and investments.

If the materialistic world collapsed, the WT would be in trouble as their money and property and their lawyers would be of no help to them.

This is why they do not instruct people to make provisions to survive Armageddon, they are counting that it will never happen!!!

• flipper
    flipper

VM 44- Very true. WT society has put their trust in lawyers and their property holdings and investments. They indeed WOULD be in trouble if the material world collapsed. I'm like you- I feel the WT leaders really don't believe " Armageddon's " coming - they just use it as a fear mongering marketing tool to keep JW's controlled and under captivity inside the organization

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, all comments welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit