Do you stil have Jw stuff

by d 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I only have a few items left in my possession at this time. I have an original intact book called "Three Worlds" from 1877 published by N. Barbour and CT Russell, an 1895 Watchtower, a few Studies in the Scriptures, "Children", some Rutherford era Booklets, a 1975 Yearbook, and a couple of other things.

The 1895 Watchtower is framed and matted, and is hanging on a wall. The rest are stuck in a drawer and I plan on keeping them, with the exception of "Three Worlds" which I have in storage and am thinking of donating if I find the right person or place. The pages are decent condition with a little yellowing, but the cover has a small smudge on the back, and the spine needs fixed, but is still there. It's still in pretty good shape for being so old.

I used to have a very extensive collection of Russell era books, flyers, Photo Drama slides, a copy of Herald of the Morning, pre WWI Watchtowers, Consolations, etc. and I was given some of Rutherford's personal photos by a Brother, I think his name was Brother Homer? I can't remember, but none of the pictures were damning, just portraits, etc. I also had a phonograph and Rutherford 78's of his talks. I started collecting when I was about 12, and I would spend hours taking the bus to used bookstores to find literature. People in the hall would also give me old literature, and by the time I was in my early 20's I had a collection that would make any Kingdumb Hall drool. My Mother refuses to give the stuff back to me, even though it was my collection that I spent with my money. Sometimes I feel like suing her to get my stuff that is righfully mine.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I'm still in so I do have some, but everything I think I can get by without goes straight into the recycling bin (even the new stuff from conventions).

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I started a Thread a while ago about how I still have my Bookbag Fully Intact from the day I walked away............

It's my "I have something for you it's your father's bookbag... the weapon of a Pioneer.... not a clumbsy or random as a Smart Phone"

• Ding
    Ding

I have a lot of the books.

I'm hanging on to them so if I get a JW telling me the WT never said something I can show them out of the originals.

Problem is, they won't talk to me.

They consider a lot of those books to be apostate literature...

• witness2witness
    witness2witness

As a Christian apologist (who is dedicated to reaching out to JWs), I would gladly take your old Watchtower literature off your hands (and will pay for shipping). Please PM me if you would be interested working something out.

Thanks!

W2W

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I have a lot of the larger books - they work really well on top of the kitchen cabinets as platforms to boost the base for the decorative plates level with the top molding...

Also, up until 3 months ago I had boxes of old WT magazines and brochures... but then I needed some kindling to start a fire...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When my father died, almost every book we had was Witness stuff. My mom's great uncle and her gf were active during Russell's time. There was much abuse surrounding the WT lit. We all wanted it out of house immediately. Yet it seemed valuable, the older items. The treasure trove was donated to the local KH. Later, profs at Columbia were seeking the older items. I tried to get them back but it was futile. I have a strong suspicion the older, shocking lit was destroyed.

I cringe when I see Witness lit at the bus or train terminals. My body convulses before I have an actual thought. Since posting here, I've asked questions about the orange book, From Paradise Lost. The one with the terrifying illustrations. My brother and I reminiscene and end up convulsed with laughter about the infants sacrificed to Baal. As though Isaac tied up was peachy keen. I went on Amazon and purchased a very cheap copy. Much to my surprise, I've had no nightmares nor do I look for demons behind the shower curtain or door hinges. It is not that bad from an adult perspective. It is a hoot.

The illustrations terrified me. I could not sleep. The basic idea that Jehovah can never be pleased and that he will torment me for sport continues.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

That Baal sacrifice... As a kid I tried to skip that page. But now I am fearless!

NOLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All of my littera-trash found the business end of a shredder I bought just to dispose of it. I also dumped the books in the rubbish. I also placed my field circus bags and call book in the rubbish, because of embarrassment from the 2007 NBC pedophile exposure (some time after I already turned apostate). Suits--I still have the few that were not in lousy condition or that made me look like a complete dork. Most of them saw the inside of the dumpster.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I have a TON of books. Just about everything. Not as many magazines I used to have.

My Mother lives 8 hours away,but I really hate to her her go on and on and on when she visits about that junk if I were to throw it out. It's been gradual. She used to call me and say lets do the watchtower over the phone. Stopped that. Then it was lets read the daily text. Stopped that. Then it was read a scripture to her over the phone. Stopped that. I'm like what am I your husband,head of household ? Then she brings the magazines when she visits. They pretty much sit in the same spot she leaves them in. I haven't cracked open a magazine in over 2-3 years now. I've browsed a few....ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

charliebrown,

I still have briefcase fully packed with everything from my last meeting. Looking at it as I type.........Apparently I left off at the December 15,2008 Watchtower.

Some of the lessons ?

Why keep your integrity ?

Will you hold fast to your integrity ?

Determined to bear thorough witness.

I must say this briefcase has been sitting in my corner for a while and it is mighty dusty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit