Donating blood

by SweetBabyCheezits 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Our daughter's school is having a blood drive today and me and Mrs. BabyCheezits thought about signing up. It's been on my bucket list I just haven't done it yet.

Just curious if many members of JWN have donated?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes it was one of the first things I did after I left. Donated 2 or 3 times per year for quite a long time.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I'm still "in", but if there were a place I could go (locally), where no one would find out, damn skippy I’d donate.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I knew some sisters who were Cuban Boat People and they ALWAYS cut their fingers and bled onto a stone. The stone ABSORBED the blood. They were never, to my knowledge ever even counseled for doing that. I have donated when I was told of a particular need. Screw the wt.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I knew some sisters who were Cuban Boat People and they ALWAYS cut their fingers and bled onto a stone. The stone ABSORBED the blood. They were never, to my knowledge ever even counseled for doing that.

What does this mean?

?????????

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I've volunteered to help with a blood drive. Donating is next on my list!

• TD
    TD
    Just curious if many members of JWN have donated?

Regular donor here. It's not a big deal. If the attendent is good (And they're usually very, very good) you hardly feel it.

If it's your first time, try not to look at the needle though.

Best donation ever: The closest center is in a little strip mall and a JW came in doing business territory (Or whatever they call it) while I was hooked up. The look on his face was priceless. It couldn't have been better if I had been Gomez Adams in the flesh.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Rebel 8...I dunno what they were doing. But ANYTHING to do with blood is verboten in wt land and I thought it odd they never got told anything about it.

• talesin
    talesin

No, I can't (hepatitis), but I am on the bone-marrow registry.

t

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit