Donating blood

by SweetBabyCheezits 25 Replies latest jw friends

• TonyT
    TonyT

Been donating for a few years. as long as I'm hydrated its no big deal.

lately I've been doing the double red donation which involves seperating the red blood from the white, returning the white, and repeating the process. It takes longer but requires twice the recovery time before I can donate again.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

AJWRB.ORG will soon have a series of Youtube videos on how the whole blood process works with the Red Cross. Sevan Najarian, the filmer for V's videos, will be filming the segments. He is a hollywood filmmaker now. :-))

The introductory video is on the site already. Soon we will have an index to the archives on the site, to show the excellent research of the previous owners and writers there, but our direction is taking a slightly different course. But I'm not going to tell you what it is, so bug off.

We set up a Red Cross van and a table with a sign a few weeks ago in a Los Angeles shopping center for donating blood for Jehovah's Witnesses who i an emergency need blood parts, since they won't give themselves. That should embarrass the WT!

Come join our public forum on AJWRB! Zen has all kinds of plans of action, not just writing. So we will have both on the site. There will be regular updates as well.

Doctors have their own private forum, and so do JWs, for advice if they really want to follow the WT, without judging them for it. Go Zen!

Gears are rolling. We also link to some of the articles on Marvin Shilmer's excellent blog.

Randy Watters

freeminds.org

watchtowernews.org

AJWRB.ORG

RandyTV.com

and a few others :-))

• BroMac
    BroMac

randy

hats off to you.

that mobile van is a Huge statement. what has been the response/feedback?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

" We set up a Red Cross van and a table with a sign a few weeks ago"

Would love to see any pictures that were taken...

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

How many of you have downloaded the brochure from AJWRB.org and sent in the "Your Welcome card" to the Watchtower Society. I really hope some of you see the powerful statement it is making to actually give blood, and then send the card in to the Watchtower society essentially saying that "my own life blood is saving your lives. How about a thank you? It's pretty hard to criticize a person who has given part of their live tissue on behalf of JWs.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I donated yesterday at a Red Cross Blood Drive!

I was somewhat nervous about being seen by JW's, the nurse said my blood pressure was a little high. :)

But it was therepeutic, it felt great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit