Attention Governing Body: October 2, 2014 is only 940 days away...

by Alfred 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well considering for years, the end of the system of things was to be witnessed by the generation who was alive and well in 1914, and could understand the sign. As time went on they kept adjusting the age and timeline, to allow for younger ones to be part of that generation. at 100 years, one has to ask themselves how many people are still alive from that date. That generation is supposed to be alive to see the end of the system of things. Although the word generation has now morphed according to the WT, it's still embarrassing to them to see that the magic generation, is over 100 years old and we're all still here

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

So there is no "biblically" derived 100 year (like the 2520 nonsense) reason? It's just a nice round number; a wishful target for one's lifespan?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

1979 was 100 years of the first Watchtower and it was the positive theme of the 1979 DC

I attended the 1979 DC convention (and the 1958 historical international Yankee stadium polo grounds as an infant)

Two things stood about,one was the introduction of the 'apostate word' to replace and supplant the old tired evil slave who had mostly died off.The apostate may have preceded 1979 but it was the first time I heard it and at first thought they were talking about apostles as in superfine apostles.They had.... you guessed it a timely drama on Korah and the Moses rebels who had 'apostatized' in the camp.

They had special edition 1979 WT to go around,sooooo they may do the same positive spin on 100 years post 1914 LOOK how Jehovah's organization has grown!!

Can I say it? Boy oh boy has my entire 4 generations family been FUCKED!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

With the new generation explanation, the average jw will not even be numbed by the 2014 date. All they know is that the end is very, very close because the WTS tells them so.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Be warned! . . . Armageddon is "just around the corner" . . .

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Who cares? We'll all be pushing up daisies and the GB will have a whole new crop of idiots to gleene funds from.

You might not plan on living that long, wha, but I do.

Jeez, i'll be 80 then. That's not even worth thinking about.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the 100 year significance?

You aren't ignorant. There is no significance.

There was no significance to Y2K either, but that didn't stop people from attributing significance to that date.

I think the 2014 holds psychological significance for some JWs: Jesus need to piss or get off the invisible throne!

• dog is god
    dog is god

"But as to that day and hour nobody knows, not even the angels of hearen no the Son, but the Father alone." (Matt 24:36 Byington) That's pretty clear to me. So if anyone is trying to pinpoint "the end" time they are false prophets. Period.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Article of the Watchtower January 1st 2034

"...and as we can see in Genesis, Adam and Even had offspring, so what Jesus was referring to "generation" was evidently people of a certain time in history whose lives overlap along with their first generation offspring. Logically as we can see today, the latter group who overlapped with the first group living in 1914 have given birth to this third group. It seems obvious to us that Armageddon must then come while some of this third group are still alive.

Some because of their wrong expectations thought that the End would come within the lifespan of the overlapping generation. But the faithful and discreet slave once again is right by clearing this up and showing how this third group is part of the generation as well. Aren't you happy that Jehovah is providing for meat in due season?<applause> Where else could you get such truths about the scriptures? "

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is this going to be a countdown thread? An update every month, then every week, then once we hit Jan. 1, 2014, every day until Oct. 1? Maybe set up a countdown website - with a big, bright, in-ya-face clock - like the Harold Camping bunch did last year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit