Who or what "governs" the teachings of the so-called GOVERNING BODY?

by Terry 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, Terry - you have encapsulated the many debates I had with the Dunlap brothers in those seven points. Except that they were so much older, and I had so much respect for both of them, that I never went into points 5, 6, and 7 very much. But they both knew that was where my head really was - and still we stayed good friends until both of their deaths.

My dog might have scared it away. I have one. Zero Loons. One dog.

My dear Ms. N.drew - it is my unfortunate civic duty to tell you that you have Wibbled off topic there. We used to have the Wibble thread to vacuum such irregular asteroids out of the regular orbits - sort of like a JWN planet Jupiter.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Would it be wibble if it was in the same post? Inquiring minds want to know. OOps I mean off-topic.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Would it be wibble if it was in the same post? Inquiring minds want to know. OOps I mean off-topic.

Not all off-topic things are Wibble. Most are NOT Wibble.

Wibble is Wibble regardless of the post or the topic. The only thread where nothing is off-topic is Wibble. The Wibble thread is near dormancy until the Monkey returns.

• Terry
    Terry

If one person suffers life so that he would wish never to have been born, then The God suffers.

You are more intimately acquainted with the inward reckonings of the Divine Mind than I can claim knowledge of.

I am moved to ask you how you came by the above opinion, however.

• mP
    mP

my guess is they follow the bible especially the example of the first proto gb the original twelve apostles. lets recall how they replaced bad judas, they figured out a problem and presented a yes/no question and then threw sticks. i dont know if they were magic sticks from egypt or plain sticks from judea. given the timeframe im going to say they didnt have time to import fancy sticks from egypt and being jewish they prolly thought local stuff grown in the soil of the holyland was best. imguessing giving the resources of the wts- that they too use sticks from a tree from jerusalem. ask any question of god and he will tell you via the sticks. remember jehovah answers all prayers, and if the sticks were good enuff for the apsotles tehn they afe good enuff for the gb.

lets not forget magic divination was also done with stones by prophets and priests in the ot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit