Who or what "governs" the teachings of the so-called GOVERNING BODY?

by Terry 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wonder why the governing body let the Malwian brothers in Africa get beaten, murdered and raped because buying a political card would have violated their neutrality----but they allowed the Mexican brothers to pay a bribe so that they could carry a false card saying they served in the military.

I mean---they carried a card they received unlawfully to say they violated their neutrality when they did not.

Why couldn't the brothers in Malawi buy a simply card like the Mexican brothers? The Mexican brothers face prison---the Malawian brothers faced death.

I guess the Governing body likes Mexicans better than Africans. Nothing else makes sense.

NC

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Nananana says ...

It did not remove Jehovah's holy spirit as the preaching work has continued to take place, years after these events.

Like Jesus instructed his FDSL to commercialize the gospel by selling literature and using unscriptural false teachings .

What makes you ever possibly think the God was with this bogus publishing house in the first place ?

When the WTS. supported and taught Pyramidology ?

The stupidity of some people is astounding at times is it not. !

Many of the WTS's doctrines were developed to protect and hide it's many false teachings of this organization,

why do you think the majority of the published works are out of publications and the WTS. leaders frown on any of their members from reading them.

A corrupt organization seeking out others to support themselves can only end up corrupting people who've they've lured or coerced to be under

their control. As long as this organization can gather people up to financially support them by buying

their products and donating free labor, they can sustain what they have cultivated. ....and you can bet they're going to try.

That is their sole and only pressing concern.

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

EGO

• Zordino
    Zordino

They just make shit up as they go. Its that simple. Or it could be run by a Little Leprechaun who tells them what to do. Thats probably why they're now asking JW's to donate their Gold to the WTBT$.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Self interest.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Why does the command to partake of the body of Jesus apply only to a few but the command to quit mixing in company with whoever applies to everyone?

I think it makes sense only if both apply to everyone or both apply to only them who belong to Christ.

N Drew, beautiful logic. Ditto the "command" for JWs to go preaching. All those scriptures they always cite (Acts 20:20, Acts 5:42) about preaching "house to house" also refer only to the apostles. The blood "command" at Acts 15 was directed at first century Christians. Weird how those specific instructions can somehow take on a wider application when it suits the WTS.

• Terry
    Terry

nanana said this: The governing body does not tell us what or what not to do.

I challenge you on this!

In fact, I'm going to expose you right now as a Fraud!

It will be very simple and you will be embarassed publicly.

Are you ready?

You know and I know and everybody here on JWnet knows the Governing Body, the Watchtower Society and all of its publications have clearly and definitively stated that an active JW in good standing MUST NOT have any contact with, religious discussion with or exchange of ideas with APOSTATES.

You will have to stipulate to that.

So, I will enter a "Yes" here for you.

Now, here is what you clearly stated: The governing body does not tell us what or what not to do.

IF THAT IS TRUE you can prove it by revealing your name and which congregation you attend.

Why would you do that?

Because, you won't get into any trouble at all for exercising your free will IN DIRECT CONFLICT with the Governing Body.

Clear enough, hotshot?

Now, answer this challenge with a total load of crap as you always do.

Or, simply comply with my request.

The ball is in your court.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    The governing body does not tell us what or what not to do. Do we have a list of movies we can't watch? Or a list of websites we can't visit? Or a list of times we can do certain things?

Yes. Have they changed their modus operandi? Are you new Nananana?

They tell you when to go to meetings (was Tuesday night, Thursday night, Sunday). They make a stiff suggestion to be there on Saturday morning for the field service. They make the command (is it not a command) to be at the assemblies from the first song to the last and don't go out to lunch. (Are you a real JW?) Now that there are not three meetings they say to the head of the house to use the day that there is no more meeting outside to use it at home for what? Watchtower study! Clean car...dresses on the ladies...ties on the men (do you think that's a good idea?)...

OK

Now for censoring. Do they do that? I have never met a Gobverning Body member, but does it count if the censor comes from the stage? Just one thing I will always remember. "Do not read Harry Potter". Did I hear that correctly? Do not own religious items either. I won't bore you.

• Terry
    Terry

nananaa isn't here today. He's probably delivering a public lecture on avoiding mentally diseased Apostates at all cost!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    The governing body does not tell us what or what not to do. Do we have a list of movies we can't watch? Or a list of websites we can't visit? Or a list of times we can do certain things? You are reaching for the stars with that one buddy.

I was going to repudiate this with a LOOOOONG list of Thou Shalt Nots the Watchtower imposes on its witnesses, but Terry had a beatiful come back.

As for the rest of your argument, I just need an answer to one question. Did Jesus Christ select the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as His Faithful and Discreet Slave in 1919 or not? If He did and you can prove it, you will have won a brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit