Who or what "governs" the teachings of the so-called GOVERNING BODY?

by Terry 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

What a ridiculous argument. Instead of posting your clouded viewpoints, let's post some specifics and I'll refute every one of them from the Bible.

I notice Nananana has tucked tail and run away! This is, frankly, the only way he could possibly respond to my challenge.

He self-refutes.

If he reveals his identity and congregation he will expose himself to disfellowship. Why? Because, contrary to his bold assertions, the Governing Body DOES TELL HIM WHAT TO DO and what NOT to do. He is owned.

• james_woods
    james_woods

For what it is worth, I am keeping the troll clock running on nananananana until perhaps the end of the week.

I think he/she has been here before under another ID, and will likely be back with yet another.

• Terry
    Terry

Instead of engaging such Society Trolls on the details and "merits" of their arguments it is so much simpler to challenge them

on their disobedience by conferring with Apostates in direct opposition to Governing Body directives!

The minute they "set foot" on an Apostate discussion group they are out-ethics and subject to disfellowship. Consequently,

they can have no moral basis for their POV.

• robB
    robB

I'm voting 'demonic influence'. The GB is too corrupt and too well organinzed to be the workings of humble but misquided people. It ruins families, it kills people who need blood, it twists the true gospel. Think about it. How many people won't ever know Christ because of it? How many people will decide that there is no truth when they leave? It's perfect. The false prophet wins whether people stay or leave.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    How many people will decide that there is no truth when they leave? It's perfect. The false prophet wins whether people stay or leave.

That is profound.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    RobB - How many people will decide that there is no truth when they leave? It's perfect. The false prophet wins whether people stay or leave.
    N.drew - That is profound.

It is interesting that this is one of the things that Ed Dunlap was most concerned about - that the WTBTS had done such a terrible job representing Christianity that he felt many witnesses who left were simply burned out on all religion and would just give up on it. He commented on it many times - I suspect because he thought I was moving toward agnosticism.

And, this is quite true - I would privately estimate that only about one out of ten ex-witnesses goes on to actively join another religion.

My viewpoint is that once you have seen under the rock, you know what is likely to be under the other rocks.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Life is complicated and humans are very complicated. Lying is to be avoided. The Governing Body lies. It's a shame but true. I fear they will never stop lying.

But I wonder if some very active witnesses (I was not one of those) never lie with their lips even though they profess to be members of the "Great Crowd" in union with The Liar? It would be a miracle, wouldn't it?

When I was fading I noticed the biggest problem with "the truth" was that parents convinced their children to obey the lie. That is how the false prophet wins either way. And sometimes wives and husbands got their mates to join. That is kind of funny/sad. But I fear for the children.

• Terry
    Terry

It is interesting that this is one of the things that Ed Dunlap was most concerned about - that the WTBTS had done such a terrible job representing Christianity that he felt many witnesses who left were simply burned out on all religion and would just give up on it.

Here is a premise we cannot afford to overlook.

If nothing at all were wrong with the transmission of the WORD in the Bible and as represented by mainstream christianity (that is, no demonstrable corruption of a significant nature) then Jehovah's Witnesses could not get their "hooks" into you.

The HUGE mistake JW's (who stay in) make is thinking it is EITHER JWdom or corrupt christianity that is the only choice.

A middle ground can and does exist. Being practical, for one thing. No matter who claims to have Truth and secret mystical knowledge unlocking the secrets of the Universe it is THEM you end up serving as your authority. It seems inescapable. So, why not just rely on your rational mind, instead?

Let's parse that, shall we?

Here are the only possibilities I can reckon.

1.There really is a true christianity but it has been lost because God did not see fit to preserve it; that was man's job and man flunked!

2.There never was a true christianity. It was a Messiah cult that got very lucky in finding a champion who had temporal athority. (Constantine).

3.Judaism was the True religion, but, they rejected their Messiah. Now each man does what is right in his own eyes.

4.God exists and expects people with the right heart and mind to seek Him no matter what. But, RELIGION always steals both their heart and mind.

5.The entire idea of invisible supernatural entities who struggle in the heavens is nonsense. Especially because man's most primitive instincts were to invent them.

6.Being moral and knowing good is a practical matter removed from Divine dictates. Who would ever think lying, stealing and cheating was okay?

7.Man's fear of aging and death forces him to create fairytale rescue scenarios. It is too suspicious that just exactly what man most wants just happens to be God's plan; Everlasting life, perfection, blessing, happiness and absolute knowledge of truth.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Who would ever think lying, stealing and cheating was okay?

I imagine that the whole world and all the effort to get it back according to God who is Love is for the one person who might suffer lying stealing and/or cheating even though every other person enjoys perfect justice, peace and prosperity. If one person suffers life so that he would wish never to have been born, then The God suffers. The goal is for every person to be glad. I think it's possible for I am a "Loon"*.

*I like Loons! I had one, but I think it's gone.

• N.drew
    N.drew

My dog might have scared it away. I have one. Zero Loons. One dog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit