Who or what "governs" the teachings of the so-called GOVERNING BODY?

by Terry 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

If a person walked up to you one day and started telling you what to do, how to do it, and threatening you if you refused, wouldn't you immediately ask them by what Authority they had such a right? Wouldn't you want to see a badge? Credentials? A uniform and the citing of some Law?

Certainly you would! Otherwise, you'd tell them to get the hell out of your face.

And yet...

7 million people on this planet listen to every word published, spoken or taught by a very small group of old men. These 7 million people will even go so far as to die defending what those men tell them! They will allow their own children to die because of what those old men say should be done!

These obedient millions will march against their own family society, state or Nation and do the very opposite of their fellow man simply because those few old men have told them it is the only right course of action!

Weird?

Welcome to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Who or what "governs" the teachings of this so-called GOVERNING BODY?

The Jehovah's Witness Governing Body has made certain that specific teachings have been taught as True Doctrines of the True Faith only to turn around later and change those True Doctrines of the True Faith to something different.

If holy spirit were leading them to these teachings we must ask: which time were they led? When it was wrong, or, now that it is presumably right?

The Watchtower Society refers to these changes by calling them "adjustments" as though it were a sharpening of a fuzzy focus. Yet, changing a doctrine to its opposite is hardly that. An opposite teaching repudiates the one it replaces! This means one is determined FALSE in order that the newer one be TRUE.

If Jehovah or Jesus were actually directing this Governing Body to "govern" (or "control") the teachings from one thing to its opposite, would it not

change the definition of TRUTH into "Whim" instead?

What governs the Governing Body?
    A sudden change of mind that is unexplained is a "Whim".

When 1925 was publicly "marked" as the year of resurrection for ancient faithful men of old and later repudiated, this was "Whim".

It was never

E-X-P-L-A-I-N-E-D

as to how the wrong conclusion was allowed to pass by the attention of holy spirit guidance, Jesus Christ approval and Jehovah soverign direction!

The same could be said of the huge publicity campaign targeting 1975 as the "end of six thousand years of human history". It went unexplained how

the year could be so important that it was the center of JW attention only to fade into silence.

Was Jehovah not paying attention when he directed the Governing Body to publish the error? Was holy spirit asleep at the wheel? Was Jesus off ruling some other corner of the universe?

If 1925 and 1975 needed to be taught, believed, published and embraced obediently we must ask what was TRUE about the TRUTH contained in those messages that the very opposite became reality instead?

WHIM!

What source of authority could the Governing Body or anointed leadership or "faithful and discreet" slave point to to JUSTIFY such errors being taught as TRUTH leading to eternal life??

It went without any explanation at all!! WHIM

When "New Light" comes along no explanation is given how the "Old Light" got inserted in the pipeline in the first place.

What was the process, for example, that made Governing Body members vote "Yes" on wrongly interpreting Romans 13:1 as--not the Governments of the World--but, as being Jehovah God and Jesus Christ?

What was the process for that same Governing Body members to vote "No" on the same interpretation?

How could it be explained that so-called false religions of Christendom had it right all along when Jehovah's spirit did not reside with them??

WHIM!

There are never any answers given. Why? Because the teachings of the Governing Body are mere WHIMS.

They are not adjustments which sharpen a fuzzy understanding into a clear understanding. They are guesses and wrong interpretations based

on faulty reasoning eventually refuted by circumstance which repudiate them.

Old men making things up tell gullible people what to think and how to act all around the world.

Some of the things these old men teach lead to people dying or losing their loved ones unnecessarily.

Why? Because they are defrauding people with false claims about their own power and authority.

There is no GOVERNING BODY which channels Jehovah's true teachings. There are only phony claims.

Those who claim to be "anointed" by holy spirit have no special insight, understanding, clearer interpretation or jurisdiction over truth.

How do we know?

We know because they have PROVED IT by being wrong again and again without explanation!

The Truth, for them is WHIM.

whim - definition of whim by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...

www.thefreedictionary.com/whim

n. 1. A sudden or capricious idea; a fancy. 2. Arbitrary thought or impulse: governed by whim.

• dog is god
    dog is god

Spot on, brother. Amen!

• pearl doxsey
    pearl doxsey

Satan governs the governing body....and the organization. Go figure.

A bethel elder recently told me that the GB doesn't write the magazines anymore. Committees do. They are not anointed. Looks like the "beast" is getting ready to turn on the "harlot". (see Rev.16:13; 13:8)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

smurfs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Power and money .......easy

• garyneal
    garyneal

The True One nailed it. Power and money.

I remember when I was attending an IFB church how the pastor would get up on the pulpit and speak of how they had the correct interpretations of scripture and how other churches were wrong on one aspect or another. Yet he would preach things that were demonstrably wrong and were either not based on the Bible at all or took scripture woefully out of context. Eventually, his brand of legalism forced him to step down as a preacher. At least, so I had heard because by then I had long since left that church only to discover years later that the church had a different pastor who was much more mellow.

If a person walked up to you one day and started telling you what to do, how to do it, and threatening you if you refused, wouldn't you immediately ask them by what Authority they had such a right? Wouldn't you want to see a badge? Credentials? A uniform and the citing of some Law?
    Certainly you would! Otherwise, you'd tell them to get the hell out of your face.
    And yet...
    7 million people on this planet listen to every word published, spoken or taught by a very small group of old men. These 7 million people will even go so far as to die defending what those men tell them! They will allow their own children to die because of what those old men say should be done!

That is the whole crux of the matter right there. Older witnesses are at least aware of the 1919 selection. However, most younger ones are not and don't seem to care about it. To them, they simply believe that the witnesses teach 'closer to the Bible' than anyone else. The problem with that is how can they know this for certain if all they have ever been exposed to is WT teachings while never daring to question them? I still find it amazing that Jehovah's Witnesses will go to great lengths denouncing all other religions but will not take the time to examine their own religion with the same scrutiny.

I remember how my IFB preacher pointed to a pentecostal church while we were out Soul Winning TM saying, "That church preaches false doctrines because they speak in tongues." I remember believing him at the time even though I had went on a skiing trip with some of the members of that church a few years earlier. A few years after I left that IFB church I started attending this church somewhat regularly. They did do the tongue speaking but it was not that bad and they preached the same basic salvation message as the IFB's. I guess by then I had came to the conclusion that no church has everything right and that one was just as good as the other in most cases.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I remember when I began attending meetings in 1985 that the brother studying with me spoke in awe of the Governing Body like they were surrounded by an aura. Like an idiot, I accepted it without question. It's a make-believe world I chose to enter. You set aside all the normal realities and switch off your bullshit meter because you want to beiieve they're right. So I did.

As time went by I met Lloyd Barry (or "Lord Barry" as we called him in Christchurch) and thought he was a nice bloke. (Reading Coc years later I heard about a different side to him). I went to conventions where Brother Barr spoke and he, too seemed a decent bloke. Why didn't I realise then: they were just ordinary men? And when humans set them up on a pedestal, repeating their belief that they are being used by God, of course they believe it.

I mean, Jesus. What an idiot I was.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, power and money sums up the answer to the thread title, you will not find them teaching anything that would loosen their grip on the 7million.

You will not find them teaching anything that loses them money.

Hence you will not see a sudden change to either the shunning doctrine (they would lose power) or the blood doctrine(they would lose money).

Everything is written by committee and screened first by lawyers, if it existed, there really is no room there for the Holy Spirit to operate.

Of course this also raises the question, who gave the Governing Body their authority, on what is it based ???? Do they have any right or qualification to teach and to make rules ?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

When 1925 was publicly "marked" as the year of resurrection for ancient faithful men of old and later repudiated, this was "Whim" ------------------------------------------------------------------ The "Princes" actually turned out to be the "other sheep" according to the 1975 Yearbook. So while the "other sheep" have their heads stuck high in the air for being called Princes, they totally forget that they have been deceived and another false prophecy has swept by right under their nose. Atlantis

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Not just whims, but capricious whimsical whims!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit