Those who still show up at the meetings, How do you manage?.

by Mr Facts 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• finally awake
    finally awake

BigMac, I understand your point, but I am forever grateful that Just Ron waited for me to come to my senses so we could get out together. I don't know what would have happened if he had quit back when he first realized it wasn't really "The Truth". I strongly suspect that it would have destroyed our marriage. Even if I had eventually come to my senses, the damage would have already been done.

It all boils done to where your loyalty lies. Just Ron felt that I was more important to him, keeping our family intact was more important to him, than getting out of the borg immediately.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ miles3-

"Oh, so not only judgemental, but also bronze age sexist?-"

i totally agree with you. i used the MALE head of the house phrase to fit in with the watchtower sexist pattern.

• Miles3
    Miles3

@bigmac

So your dumb as hell judgemental first post was also you trying to fit the pattern of the boring loser?

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ miles 3-----what?

• just Ron
    just Ron

I do not and never have considered myself the "head of the household" just because I'm a "MAN". My relationship with my wife is a partnership, the both of us working together to live a peaceful, happy life. Not sure what this has to do with attending meetings or not.

I have considered the "nuclear option" and decided against because it would almost certainly cripple me and my family both emotionally and financially.

To me, "just leaving" would be like waking up in the middle of the night with your house on fire and running straight out the door to wait outside and see if any of your family makes it out.

could not have said it better

Ron

• bigmac
    bigmac

i would like to think if my house was on fire i would raise the alarm and try to get my family out as quickly as possible---not just sit their and hope the fire would just die out.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

In answer to the OP, I do my best to miss as many meetings as I can. My wife has gotten more understanding of my feelings and so she doesn't get on my case.

For the time being, I grin and bare it because I haven't really had any "friends" reject or shun me. I'm still, amazingly enough, invited to their houses or out to some activity. Granted, a lot of them are not in the congregation I attend. So they are not aware that I no longer go out in service or comment, AT ALL. I give the occasional bible reading, but that's it. They don't even know that.

If and when things change in the future, I am not worried. I am currently making friends outside of the org.

Basically, I attend because I like to be with my wife. And the meeting is enough for now, since as I mentioned earlier, I no longer will do field service, and my wife knows that. But I can't say I enjoy attending. We'll see what the future brings. I think my wife expects to see me stop attending.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit