Those who still show up at the meetings, How do you manage?.

by Mr Facts 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I sit quietly as a disfellowshipped person and smile. I listen to what is said, how it is said and wonder what it would be like for a stranger to come in and sit there. I wonder what it would be like if I brought a friend there so they could experience what the Jehovah's Witness church is like. It can be very entertaining...especially knowing that I don't have to worry about fake people pretending to be my friends talking to me.

• bigmac
    bigmac

when i was an active pioneering servant JW---46 years ago---i saw many meeting attending ditherers week in week out--all there for the sake of keeping the peace at home. are things any different now--how would i know--? but how many of this "7 million" members are in this category? the mind boggles.

and as for this business of serving as an elder---well ive stated my feelings on here :-in an argument with elderelite. if you are an elder--and yet on here--well--its your choice--but you are representing the interests of a false religion you profess to despise.

@ gadget---i conclude you are a member of the FB site you refer to--but i cant remember your name on there. sorry.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I still attend and serve as an elder, and have my many and good reasons to do so. While I understand the flaws of the situation, the inconsitency and yes, the dishonesty to some degree, I have MY reasons.

It's one thing to ATTEND the meetings for the sake of family, even give the token comment at the Watchtower if you must (personally I couldn't even do that once the doubts had started) but to actually DISPENSE the disinformation and serve the Watchtower as an elder? Sorry but I just cannot respect that position.

You say you have your reasons but unless you're prepared to say what they are then I think you can't complain when people accuse you of 'living a lie'. There's fading and there's inactivity but to dispense the kool-aid as a serving elder?! C'mon man.

Do you sit on judicial committees too?

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Do you sit on judicial committees too?

You should. Obviously you are good judge.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hit a nerve did I?

C'mon mate tell us what's really going on, we might actually end up understanding each other!

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Yes, you hit a nerve. Someone who has been part of very particular organization (to put it mildly) for most of his life, and starts pondering and re-evaluating everything, tired of being constantly judged and being under scrutiny... finds this forum, expresses his opinion, and then gets (guess what?) judged!

People are different. Some are invested to a higher degree into the org. Some are at different stages of the process. Some leave quickly, some take years, some never leave.

You don't know me. In this forum I've chosen to disclose limited information about myself. I was a CO for many years. Very well known. That's not your fault. But acusing me while having limited information, that's very JW'ish.

You don't know how I serve as an elder. You acuse me of dispensing information I don't believe, but you don't know what I believe in and what I don't.

I was the first one to point there's a degree of dishonesty in my current situation.

By that metric, this forum would be reduced to those who already left de JW's and comply with a very strict set of opinions about the JW's. The rest of us, should shut up, and stay away. Does anyone see the irony?

But, in all honesty, thanks for your comments. Exchanging ideas it's what it's all about.

And since you asked, yes, I've been part of two JC in the past 5 years. None ended with a DF, and i like to think I played a role in such outcome.

• Nelrow23
  • bigmac
    bigmac

@winstonchurchill---you served on 2 judicials/---and no one was D/F'd?---errr--you seem almost glad of that!! whatever next on here

@ anyone else reading this:---make no mistake--the watchtower society/JW's call it what you like----is a dangerous--but thankfully a very small cult. by continuing to attend--you are helping it survive. just imagine the impact on their reported figures if all you ditherers stopped associating.

the expression --"put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

Unlike some, I would welcome all the elders in the KH I have to attend for personal family reasons to be regular posters to this site. Listen when someone says that an seemly active JW publisher, MS, Elder, Pioneer, (dare I hope, CO) is being dishonest, I say "How do you know"? I consider myself a 5th columeist within the WTBTS, I can express my true feeling in a subtle but honest fashion. I can say "I find nothing wrong with gay people, and hope there is new light about them so some of our brothers and sisters can serve Jehovah more openly". Wow when I say that the drones almost passout, then I get asked how I could even believe such a thing, at that point I can point out that since adam and eve sinned all humans are inperfect and Jehovah "ALLOWED" that imperfection so I see no reason why there won't be new light about gays just as there was about interacial marriage, or all people being equal reguardless of there skin color,......and now the drone is thinking!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    People are different. Some are invested to a higher degree into the org. Some are at different stages of the process. Some leave quickly, some take years, some never leave.

Well said. Look, I'm sorry if I came off a bit strong but I do feel strongly about this. It's about personal integrity. I hope you'll continue to post 'Winston', you have a thoughtful, articulate style of writing and I'm hoping to get to know you better.

Nic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit