Those who still show up at the meetings, How do you manage?.

by Mr Facts 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sun Tzu said, "All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

"Thus one who is skillful at keeping the enemy on the move maintains deceitful appearances, according to which the enemy will act. He sacrifices something, that the enemy may snatch at it."

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I attended for a while for my wife some years ago. I just couldn't take it. 2 hours of mind numbing talsk and comments. I stopped attending before they cut the public talk down.

I hated the fact that every week, these idiot elders would ask me the same thing.

Question: Are You visiting?

Answer: No

Question: Did you want a study of the Bible?

Answer: No, I'm already baptized

Question: But was your baptism valid before God?

Answer: If it wasn't, then everyone at the circuit assembly must be upset.

Question: Oh, Are you a brother?

Answer: Yes, and my cards have already been moved here.

Question: Are you sure? I haven't seen anything sent to me lately.

Answer: Honestly it doesn't matter to me what you find.

Question: Well we would like to know your status.

Answer: Call my old congregation.

Question: Well once we do that we would like to get together with you.

Answer: I'm not interested

Week after week. No one remembered my name. I would tell them we have been attending for months. They would look at me as if I was making it up. I was offered countless studies. It's like they just couldn't accept I was already in.

My last meeting just destroyed brain cells. The study article had to do with female circumcision. You should have heard the comments. Half of me just wanted to eye roll, the other half was laughing like crazy.

Haven't been there since and I don't ever plan on it again

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...what a pathetic thread. people still attending--out of fear of losing family i suppose. ..." BigMac

Actually, I admire the fortitude of people who can put on a fake smile and "act" their way through the performance that is required of them - week after week after week...

However, I would hope that they can obtain real freedom - and preferably sooner rather than later....

• TOTH
    TOTH

RE: "I missed your comment..."

I would probably say that MY comment was ANYONE'S comment since we read them right out of the stupid washtowel magazine...LOL

I was going a few years back and didn't comment or even wear a suit. I WOULD wear a tie with my leather motorcycle jacket though...LOL

• ocd
    ocd

"Missed your comment" I actually have folks make that statement to me...I use to answer often. If I do comment I hear (as trained to do) "enjoyed your comment" which I respond "what did I say" bwhahahahaha gets em every time...love it

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It really is quite easy. Just set your bullshit deflectors to maximum setting.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can't even read the Watchtower drivel without having a panic attack, so good on you for those who can actually attend meetings! I would've loved to have the opportunity to try to get my family out, but unfortunately I was running for my life.

For those who don't comment and get the "missed your comment" type of encouragement, why not respond by saying, "Well, you must not have been paying attention!"? LOL!!!!!!!!!

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I still go. For lots of reasons. But mostly makes my life easier. Whole family is in, I've always been the black sheep, wife is hardcore and I'm about 2 months from being reinstated. I have some friends that think like most of us but are not ready to deal with the repercussions. Going to meeting makes my life easier.

• Zordino
    Zordino

stillajwexelder wrote "It really is quite easy. Just set your bullshit deflectors to maximum setting."

Thats Hilarious. Couldn't have said it better myself.

How do I manage the boresessions? Well, Between taking my kids to the bathroom (wasting as much time as possible) to Going outside for a "walk" during the washtowel study (wasting as much time as possible), to checking out the new blonde visiting who's siting in front of me (especially nice during the song when I can get a full view ) to just plain thinking about work, my next vacation, whatever.......... it goes by pretty fast. Oh, and plus I never make comments or do any talks and I only go 2 to 3 times a month which helps. Thats how I cope. I gotta make some sort of presence, ya know happy wife happy Life.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I stay for family. I stay for my aged parents that have sacrificed their whole lives to this religion and the though of having their children leave the organization would literally kill them. I consider it a willing sacrifice for parents that I love so much.

For Bigmac and any other that is quick to judge- don't. YOU haven't walked in our shoes.

Its tough listening to the drivel- and I use the time for my own personal meditation. Sometimes I read the Bible and other times i manage to read a book on my IPod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit