What's in it for the Governing Body? How about this?

by Mickey mouse 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

On another forum, someone recently started a thread asking what sort of lifestyle the Watchtower elite enjoy. It prompted me to do a little digging. When the leaflet 'Dress and Grooming for Visitors Touring Bethel' was published a few years ago, I thought the room below looked familiar. I remembered being blown away by the opulence of the Towers Hotel building where I was told a number of the Governing Body were living at the time of my visit. I don't know if the buidling has been sold as part of the org's plan to move out of Brooklyn but it was at that time occupied by more senior Bethelites.

dress

I found this blog and sure enough, there's the room I remembered.

How much do you suppose it would cost to rent prime real estate like this?

• Alfred
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have a "decent-paying" job and could certainly never afford rent on a place like that.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's worth visiting the blog to see more pictures; I'm not coomfortable with directly linking pictures with people in them.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. establishing its head quarters in New York has proved in the long run to be a very good one, since the

city is one of the largest cities in the world for free capitalist venture, which by this virtue constantly keeps property values quite high.

As it stands today all the WTS. properties owned by the WTS. is said to be worth a 1 billion US now.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What a phenomenal view. Moving inland and away from the watersedge is going to be a disappointment for many bethelites. The new place will be a lot more like a cult commune, but not nearly as attractive to receiving applications from the best talent.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I added this comment:

Such opulence. There is a lot of money to be made in religion.

I wonder how long it will remain?

• factfinder
    factfinder

In December 1978 my brother and I got to sleep over for the weekend as Bethel guests at the Towers Hotel!

Thanks for the photos and link.

• TOTH
    TOTH

The Czar and his family were butchered for living a lot like this off the backs of other.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

One of the sisters (blog authors) says the following under a picture of their tour of Wallkill printery: "Watchtower Library is updated for Bethelites every month so they have the latest

version of all the publications available to them. If only we had that!!"

To which, somebody (ahem ) replied:

"You already do sisters: www.jw.org.

The newest publications are out there for the world to see...however, you should ask yourselves the question: "Why aren't the OLD publications available?"

This is where it gets interesting. Check some Awakes from the late 60's - a wealth of information. Oh, wait the CDROM only goes back to 1970.

Wonder why, wonder why...."

Like Paul, I wonder how long would this one remain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit