What's in it for the Governing Body? How about this?

by Mickey mouse 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Bump. Thanks.

• briffoux
    briffoux

L. Ron Hubbard said it best: "If you want to get rich, you start a religion"

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for posting this Mickey. The blog link you've provided is an excellent resource to use in answering the question posed in the title to this thread. Many Witnesses think the Governing Body live lives of frugality like monks of some sort. Information like this proves otherwise.

Cedars

• Azazel
    Azazel

My donations and free labour helped them feather their nests.

Pissed off Az

• mP
    mP

i dont grt it. so thy get a room that sees some ugly buildings. i wouldnt call ny harbour and the skyline beautiful. youndont need to be rich to gomto your local park and its going to be ,uch better than nyc.

perhaps if you vain, then you might think youce made it, but other than that why bother.

• mP
    mP

why are there never mixed race couples ? we always see whites sitting and blacks etc the ones left out and standing.

• mP
    mP

look at the first pic, the two whites get a n indibidual seat whilr the blacks share. behind them we have a standing indiian lady and other dark people playing some music. is it just me or do we see this pattern repeating too often.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was a believing JW I was told of the opulence there, the Bro that visited said "It oozed money".

I said at the time, well if it is Jehovah's H.Q for his Org. you would expect it to be the best.

Boy, was I mind-controlled then !

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Not as opulent as the Vatican though.

Bangalore

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks MM. Franz's books were quite interesting in the aspect of what was in it for the GB. The sheer adoration must be quite an ego trip in itself. I remember seeing one at a district assembly surrounded by a fawning crowd of JWs shaking his hand , taking pictures & hanging on his every word. He was revelling in it , but to me it was nauseating. For the JWs , it truly was a highlight of their lives. One of the JWs in my old congregation spoke briefly to Henschel 20 years ago & he parrotts word for word the couple of sentences the guy uttered on many occasions as if it were the words from God himself. In fact , his stock Watchtower answer was "Bro Henschel told me...".

I just wonder what checks & balances there are on these guys. Is anybody going to question their expense claims on their corporate credit cards or why they are going for their 3rd trip that year to give a "special talk" & spend a week or two in the Caribbean? I doubt it - sounds like a one way ticket to being "reassigned to the field" as a special pioneer or getting that nightmare job in the Bethel laundry washing & ironing the underpants.

Reading through the blog , I couldn't help contrasting the GBs lifestyle with the guy who had been washing dishes for 10 years or the Bethel members who had been cutting lettuce or peeling carrots for months. And yet the sisters still were desperate to go there - they kept on talking about the (few) single sisters who had received a Bethel appointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit